SANParks Great Service

DJR

I have a SAN PARKS card to visit Kruger only had good service. Give credit where it is due. Been going to Kruger for the last 6 years with SANS card never had a problem. Keep it up SANS park

The office is on your right hand side just before you get to the Manor House.

A Wild card (various types are available) will give you and or family free access to Cape Nature and or SANParks areas. If you are going to be visiting places like Kruger / Cape Point / West Coast NP / Kgalagadi / Richtersveld, then it makes sense to get a Wild card, especially if you take the family with.

If you only want to cycle, get an Activity card for R360 and you have unlimited access to cycle Tokai and Silvermine for a year. With single day entries now costing R40, you only have to go 10 times to make it worth your while.

Okay I understand now, thanx for the explanation.thumbup1.gif

I believe in giving credit where credit is due:

I got a new Activity Card in December last year to allow me to ride in Tokai Forest. (I have had a Wild Card right from the very start, with hiccups and all.) Unfortunately they wrote the "start date" as the "expiry date" on the card, meaning it expired on the day I paid for it. I had no proof of payment, just my (hopefully good) word.

On Sunday, for the first time ever, one of the Rangers in Silvermine, noticed that and asked me to pay for my entry and take the matter up with the office on Monday. This was mildly annoying but no big deal.

I went there today and it was somewhat busy with several people wanting new cards. Sandra Hollermann, the new manager of Tokai, came out of her office to help. She was friendly and helpfull, checked their computer records that what I claimed was indeed true and 5 minutes later I walked out with a hotly laminated new card with the correct expiry date on it. Without any annoying red tape!

Impressive! clap.gif

DJR - please confirm the laminating... did Tokai laminate your MyAccess card?? Reason I ask as got my level 3 activity card from strand street and they don't aminate the card but do provide a cover if there is stock of the covers..... Went across the road to Parkade Print and they laminated card for R3.

BTW, service at Strand street was fine, no problem.

I have a SAN PARKS card to visit Kruger only had good service. Give credit where it is due. Been going to Kruger for the last 6 years with SANS card never had a problem. Keep it up SANS park

+1.

I go every year, and my parents go around twice a year.... the WILD card saves me muchos moola. SANParks are really making an effort.

Went to Tokai office today to get my activity card,was in and out in a matter of 10 minutes, so thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif for that.

@johnw: they do lamenate there before they give you your card.

Yes John, they laminated our new cards at the Tokai office.

Last week I got new cards for myself and my sons and he whole thing took no more than 15 minutes tops.