thehub separates the wheat from the chaff

But we will discuss it for 16 pages :P

Edited by Skylark

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After scrutinizing the entire thread I've come to the conclusion that I'm never gonna dance again, guilty feet have got no rhythm though it's easy to pretend I know your not a fool. Should've known better than to cheat a friend and waste the chance that I've been given so I'm never gonna dance again the way I danced with you.

After scrutinizing the entire thread I've come to the conclusion that I'm never gonna dance again, guilty feet have got no rhythm though it's easy to pretend I know your not a fool. Should've known better than to cheat a friend and waste the chance that I've been given so I'm never gonna dance again the way I danced with you.

You've been listening to George Michael again :w00t:

Oh god....George Michael....

Not too sure what you mean there Octa, but tonight the music seems so loud I wish that we could lose this crowd. Maybe it's better this way. We'd hurt each other with the things we'd want to say... Oh well.

You've been listening to George Michael again :w00t:

Oh god....George Michael....

Not too sure what you mean there Octa, but tonight the music seems so loud I wish that we could lose this crowd. Maybe it's better this way. We'd hurt each other with the things we'd want to say... Oh well.

Bwah ha ha :w00t: I'm crying from laughing so hard

If I was JB I would have just given the guy his money back irrespective of the conditions as no doubt this topic alone has done more damage to his business image than retaining the R500 is worth. I can imagine it is worth keeping a deposit for a no show or a very late cancellation which prevented a replacement being found in time for a course, but to keep the deposit when no service was given and after a cancellation due to him not being able to give the course is not really ethical or good business practice irrespective of the terms and conditions.

Johan, if it is all true, give the guy his money back and rather keep the good reputation you have gained on the hub than loose it here.

And to think this whole thread started with a careless whisper!!

@ The_Break I think this is a bit of a petty topic for Lapa to bring here and if I was the Op I wouldn't have been bothered in spending so much time trying to recover R 550 but if he really feels the need to claim the money back that is his thing.

BUT do you really think JB has done his business a raw deal by keeping that money? According to the majority on the hub they will continue using his services. I most certainly would attend one of his courses if he held one in Pe

To be honest, I don' think many people will be too put off by this, but definitely more than R550 will be lost in future business. I think it is more the principle that it is probably just not worth a measily R550 to have this kind of bad publicity toward your name, especially a name associated with a business. Obvioulsy the R550 is worth a lot more to the plaintive than that.

Posting here in my opinion was done more to make a point and get a reaction than it was done to recover the money. I think his original intention will have worked.

I think if you do the course you will probably be the most qualified mechanic in PE. I have still to find a shop there that ownes a torque wrench. :) Maybe John-Lee will be the first.

Edited by The_Break

Sorry you can't use level 1 as an excuse.... Maybe level 2, but not level 1....

Level I is still a toughie... :unsure: When I wrote I gave up riding for a year to study

Hmmm I can't decide who is at fault but I just think if I chopped and changed so much and wasted someone's time like this I don't know if I would worry to much about a deposit which secured my spot on a specific date

Hmmm I can't decide who is at fault but I just think if I chopped and changed so much and wasted someone's time like this I don't know if I would worry to much about a deposit which secured my spot on a specific date

Ja, I am not hundred % either. If it was me I would say please keep deposit until we can find a spot for me in future. If I was Johan I would say cool or even say, hey you know what, here is you rmoney back, just cost me a few emails and phone calls, maybe 15min worth but not worth making an issue out of it.

Either way, if I was either of them I would have made a better compromise than what has been made. Maybe both of them can still do this. Would take "bigger men" of both of them.

I think if you do the course you will probably be the most qualified mechanic in PE. I have still to find a shop there that ownes a torque wrench. :) Maybe John-Lee will be the first.

You obviously don't know all the bike mechancis in PE then.