Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

How can Dragon be to blame? CWC delivered you the wrong frame hoping to get away with it. The one they had in stock at a reduced price.

I got an e-mail from CWC this afternoon. They are waiting for Dragon to send the replacement frame. Apparently Dragon have stock of the frames but not of the rear shocks that are supposed to come with the frame. The earliest they can get the frame to me (overnight shipping) is next week Friday :unsure:

If you'll excuse me now, I'm going to sit in a corner and sob quietly...

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks, but at least they're taking time to let you know, keeping in contact.

G

I got an e-mail from CWC this afternoon. They are waiting for Dragon to send the replacement frame. Apparently Dragon have stock of the frames but not of the rear shocks that are supposed to come with the frame. The earliest they can get the frame to me (overnight shipping) is next week Friday :unsure:

Tubeless setup of the wheelset was the easiest one ever! :clap: The tires are not so tight on the rim that you need superhuman strength (and steel reinforced levers) to get them on (as with many UST rims) nor are the tires so loose that they don't create a seal (as with many tubeless-ready rims like Crests).

With just a single layer of Stan's yellow tape and tubeless valves these aired right up with a floor pump. No mucking about with soapy water either. They even emitted nice popping sounds as the tires seated. I removed the valve-cores, added Stan's sealant, reinflated and shook them around a bit. There was no pressure loss overnight.

Super happy with these rims so far, can't wait to ride them! :thumbup:

post-32658-0-02515100-1348732199_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Single layer of tape, forgot to mention that.

Edited by Delilah

Oooohh oooooh, those hoops are going to look even hotter with a pair of Ice-Tech Rotors attached to them.... very sexy indeed!

From the pic the rear hub is still QR, what's the plan there, 142/12mm conversion on track?

You will feel instantly better (or worse) when you receive your XTR bling package!!!!

Edited by TheV

I would highly recommend going with one of the stock black forks if the colour is that important to you. Even the best spray or powder coat job is nowhere near a factory coat and with the effort you are putting into your build will wear badly and annoy you.

Not just that, any new forks warrenty will become null and void, surely?

You will feel instantly better (or worse) when you receive your XTR bling package!!!!

We will all feel better when you deliver our bling.....even if it's not XTR

Ok, so to get this right we follow the time line.....

Yep, the frame is 12x142mm. Luckily CRC sells the Hope conversion kit. I think it's about R150, so not bad at all.

Okay, so Splat got me wondering... SC website says TBC has 12x142mm rear, but it looks quite normal-sized to me. Measured it just now and it's 135mm QR - what the heck?! cursing.gif

Well isn't this just bloody fantastic? angry.png I asked the sales person repeatedly if the frame is the new revised one and specifically asked if it had 12x142mm rear! He assured me that it was brand new stock. Suddenly not so very chuffed with CWC anymore dry.png

Hey guys, I sent the salesman an e-mail about this and he is very apologetic. He promised to sort it out on Monday. At this time I believe that it was an honest mistake. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt here, because CWC have always given me great service.

This is a pain for sure, because I'll have to ship the 2012 frame back, but these things happen sometimes unsure.png

So let's get this right. CWC sell you a frame as the latest with 142x12 after you specifically asked and over 2 weeks later you're still waiting? Now the shock is to blame?

Well I have news for you, Omnico are sitting on tons of the newest CTD shocks, RP23 that came with the frame they delivered is no longer available from Fox/Omnico in SA. Tell them to hop on the phone to Omnico, speak to Russel and get a CTD. It's called customer service.

I have to give them the benefit of the doubt here, because CWC have always given me great service.

Still feeling the same?

You have patience dear daughter, your Mom wouldn't put up with that **** from CWC. Reading this thread really just reinforces how bad this mob are.

Oooohh oooooh, those hoops are going to look even hotter with a pair of Ice-Tech Rotors attached to them.... very sexy indeed!

From the pic the rear hub is still QR, what's the plan there, 142/12mm conversion on track?

Hey V :) You're right, the rotors will "round" them off nicely! :D The conversion kit is part of a CRC order that Customs have been brooding over since Saturday <_<

Not just that, any new forks warrenty will become null and void, surely?

Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't even think of that.

I want to have the frame sprayed with a gloss clear-coat. Wonder if warranty would be affected?

So let's get this right. CWC sell you a frame as the latest with 142x12 after you specifically asked and over 2 weeks later you're still waiting? Now the shock is to blame?

Well I have news for you, Omnico are sitting on tons of the newest CTD shocks, RP23 that came with the frame they delivered is no longer available from Fox/Omnico in SA. Tell them to hop on the phone to Omnico, speak to Russel and get a CTD. It's called customer service.

Still feeling the same?

Well, no. Now you put it like that... I'm not at all happy. Did not know that I'm waiting for a shock that is not even available anymore. So next week Friday they're gonna let me know they can't find a shock? :angry:

Gorgeous.

G

Tubeless setup of the wheelset was the easiest one ever! :clap: The tires are not so tight on the rim that you need superhuman strength (and steel reinforced levers) to get them on (as with many UST rims) nor are the tires so loose that they don't create a seal (as with many tubeless-ready rims like Crests).

With just a single layer of Stan's yellow tape and tubeless valves these aired right up with a floor pump. No mucking about with soapy water either. They even emitted nice popping sounds as the tires seated. I removed the valve-cores, added Stan's sealant, reinflated and shook them around a bit. There was no pressure loss overnight.

Super happy with these rims so far, can't wait to ride them! :thumbup:

post-32658-0-02515100-1348732199_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Single layer of tape, forgot to mention that.

Well I have news for you, Omnico are sitting on tons of the newest CTD shocks, RP23 that came with the frame they delivered is no longer available from Fox/Omnico in SA.

I've built all my c29s bikes with the CTD (Climb Trail Descend), it is a big step up from the RP23 I had on my tallboy. 3 simple settings for full lockout, normal and open. Is available with the Fox remote on the dashboard. Just stunning. See if you can get this shock with the frame they are sending you.

Gorgeous.

Thanks :D You actually should see these in person. It is impossible to capture the finish and tones of these with my limited photographic skills!

I've built all my c29s bikes with the CTD (Climb Trail Descend), it is a big step up from the RP23 I had on my tallboy. 3 simple settings for full lockout, normal and open. Is available with the Fox remote on the dashboard. Just stunning. See if you can get this shock with the frame they are sending you.

Good advice, thank you. I'll speak with them tomorrow. Worth a shot :thumbup:

Thanks :D You actually should see these in person. It is impossible to capture the finish and tones of these with my limited photographic skills!

I can confirm that they are more of a charcoal, and not to be mistaken for black.

therefore they're alright by Meredith & van Luipen

I can confirm that they are more of a charcoal, and not to be mistaken for black.

therefore they're alright by Meredith & van Luipen

LOOOOOLLLL!!! :lol: Thanks Patches!

We will all feel better when you deliver our bling.....even if it's not XTR

Lol, I currently have 46kgs of bling sitting at customs... finally cleared this after noon... Hope to get it sorted out over the weekend... Besides, last time your bling hung out at my house for almost a month, in fact it moved houses with me.... So sjhhhhhoes and keep quiet...hahaha

http://www.universalcycles.com/images//products/large/53344.jpg

Fox CTD - nice finish for that black frame.

Does it come with the remote? I see they have a whole fan-dangled system to control both shock and fork.

Possible off-shore source