Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaah, you see these things happen when you have to wait 3-4 weeks for a frame. You get bored and start overthinking every option. That is my defence and I stand by it! :w00t:

Have you decided on a fork yet?

What does your final build list look like? (by final, I mean at this moment. Before you change something...)

What does your final build list look like? (by final, I mean at this moment. Before you change something...)

The build list is final, because everything has been ordered and paid for:

Wheelset:

Link 30mm wide XC/AM carbon rims in 12k gloss finish with red Hope Pro II Evos, red nips and black DT Swiss Revos. Schwalbe Nobby Nic Snakeskin 2.35 front and rear.

Drivetrain and brakes:

SHIMANO XTR 42/32/24 chainset

SHIMANO XTR Rear Derailleur

SHIMANO XT Front Derailleur Down Swing

SHIMANO XTR Cassette (11/34)

SHIMANO XTR Trigger Shifters iSpec

SHIMANO XT 10 Speed Chain

SHIMANO XT 6 Bolt Disc Ice-Tech 160mm

SHIMANO SLX 2013 Brakeset iSpec

Jagwire Ripcord derailleur cables in black carbon

Jagwire Hyflow brake hose in titanium

Cockpit:

Easton EC70 low-rise 685mm bar

Easton EA90 70mm 0deg stem

Easton EC70 zero offset seatpost

Fizik Vesta Kium saddle in black

Hope seatpost clamp in red

ESI chunky red grips

Cane Creek Ergo II bar-ends (yes, yes, I know...)

Headset:

Hope pick'nmix black with red Hope Hed doc

Fork:

Black Fox 32 Talas 120 RLC Fit tapered with Kashima

Best place to buy Jagwire kits?

Everyone seems to be out at the moment, I have plenty on back order. Send me the colour you want and I'll add it to the list.

Everyone seems to be out at the moment, I have plenty on back order. Send me the colour you want and I'll add it to the list.

Thanks CarbonDual29er :) The Jagwire goodies have been ordered and they ship today.

I wasn't really planning on using anything other than the stock Shimano cables...TheV-effect strikes again! :P

Aligator cable kits are also pretty awesome. I've used both, and much of a muchness.

As for brake hoses though... if you want to upgrade those, tere's only 1 way to go...

Goodridge!

Just out of interest, where can one purchase the black/carbon jagwire derailleur cables from in JHB? I see CWC and buycycle dont have stock.

Just out of interest, where can one purchase the black/carbon jagwire derailleur cables from in JHB? I see CWC and buycycle dont have stock.

CRC. They're still in JHB, 'cos they get DHL SA (based in JHB) to deliver to your door. So it is still like buying local...

I bought my Jagwire kit from Northcliff cycles. I know FPC Paulshof also does Jagwire. Not sure on black/carbon pricing though

CRC. They're still in JHB, 'cos they get DHL SA (based in JHB) to deliver to your door. So it is still like buying local...

hahaha! well in that case, why settle for Jagwire, when you can get a Goodridge cable kit, to match to a Goodridge hose kit

Edited by patches

Well CRC only have the goodridge kit, not the jagwire.

well then there you go! Problem solved... ride the best!

I bought my Jagwire kit from Northcliff cycles. I know FPC Paulshof also does Jagwire. Not sure on black/carbon pricing though

You should be paying around R300 for the derailleur kits, about R350 for a hose kit, and then about R+-150 for the quick-fit kits to suit your brakes.

You should be paying around R300 for the derailleur kits, about R350 for a hose kit, and then about R+-150 for the quick-fit kits to suit your brakes.

I paid:

R230 for a Jagwire derailleur kit (Northcliff)

R300 for an Alligator derailleur kit Northcliff)

R800 for Goodridge Hose kit (R300 hose: CRC, R500 fittings: Mikes)

How much did you pay for the frame?

23k from CWC but DON'T buy yours from them. It has been a nightmare. 3 weeks after payment and still no frame.