Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

Now got a call back from Stephen at Dragons Sports. He says their frames arrived from Taiwan 2 1/2 weeks ago, but they are still waiting for shocks from the USA. (Wonder where Dubai came in???) He blames airline freight congestion for the delay.

I asked about warranty and clear-coat. He says anything except a stick-on protector for the undercarriage will void the warranty. Anything like a full-cover frame-protection kit is also not allowed because the adhesive may react with the carbon/resin if it is done on such a large scale http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.png

I use special frame protection kits that come with a 5 year warranty, I usually apply to downtube (rocks/bumps/etc) , top tube (cleats, carrier), rear triangle on top of seat stays and below/side of chainstays... but it's a REAL bitch to install...

Would have offered to install it for you "if" you had allowed me to build the bike.... :whistling:

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use special frame protection kits that come with a 5 year warranty, I usually apply to downtube (rocks/bumps/etc) , top tube (cleats, carrier), rear triangle on top of seat stays and below/side of chainstays... but it's a REAL bitch to install...

Yeeesssss, but according to Stephen, you are only allowed to use a downtube protector <_< I think that is what he meant by "undercarriage" of the bike?

I'm going to take your word for it and try a set on my next project....

haha! not just my word for it ;) There's a reason that Brembo uses Goodridge hoses on their performance motorsport braking kits.

They're not just about looking good. They are higher volume than other hoses. More fluid = lower running temperatures = less/no brake fade. The hoses are also constructed better to give zero flex = better brake feel.

All-in-all they're said to provide a 15% power increase to ones brakes.

So yeah, skip the Jagwire hoses next build and go Goodridge

Note: Brake fuild not to be consumed by persons under 18. Winners know when to quit. White grips sold seperately

Edited by patches

Del,

Think the thing is all V's bikes (stand to be corrected) are Alu.

our new baby is Carbon, and there in lays the problem.

(I would suggest getting in contact with SC themselves and asking them what they would allow/recommend)

G

Yeeesssss, but according to Stephen, you are only allowed to use a downtube protector <_< I think that is what he meant by "undercarriage" of the bike?

Del,

Think the thing is all V's bikes (stand to be corrected) are Alu.

our new baby is Carbon, and there in lays the problem.

(I would suggest getting in contact with SC themselves and asking them what they would allow/recommend)

G

N0!? i do have carbon bikes... and if someone is going to "void" your warranty because of the application of protective film then tell them to go F.F themselves.

Thats such a stupid statement to make from any supplier or distributor....

Edited by TheV

But they make it, ad many owners accept it as is.

G

N0!? i do have carbon bikes... and if someone is going to "void" your warranty because of the application of protective film then tell them to go F.F themselves.

Thats such a stupid statement to make from any supplier or distributor....

A little something was delivered to my office before lunch:

post-32658-0-51919100-1349176544_thumb.jpg

What could it be? :w00t:

EDIT: Looks like a printer, but I didn't order one...

Edited by Delilah

Ta-daaaaa!

post-32658-0-31522300-1349177210_thumb.jpg

A big thumbs up for TheV: awesome service and advice, super prices, goods as promised, fast delivery. Couldn't be happier :clap:

Ta-daaaaa!

A big thumbs up for TheV: awesome service and advice, super prices, goods as promised, fast delivery. Couldn't be happier :clap:

Oooh!

what a nice box of goodies!

You would be happier if you had the bleeding frame to hang all those bits onto! :cursing:

Ta-daaaaa!

Very nice. :drool:

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the helpful advice that you've all put into this build.

You would be happier if you had the bleeding frame to hang all those bits onto! :cursing:

That be true :(

Those parts are awesome. Why the slx brakes though? XT? You wont feel the difference but the same can be said for all the xtr bling.

Where will your first ride be? You gotta start planning.

and there goes productivity for the rest of the day.

G

Ta-daaaaa!