Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

Which Frame,

now thats the million dollar question,

At the moment I'm battling enough to get someone thats wiling to bring just a frame in, looking at the 650b design, top of the lost is the Scott, with the Rocky Mountain looking so lose/exact the same, also high up the lost is the Ghost Cagua (only thing here thats not liked is the Front Derailer mount).

And oh well, then there is a Cube, also a lovely.

Honestly, any of them will do, they all allot more capable than I'm still.

Willing to go blank Chinese but looks like they will only become available next year,

G

Sound like an "awesme" build! :P Which frame?

Isn't nipple seize an issue with alloy rims only?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Frame,

now thats the million dollar question,

Did you see the new Blur LTc in the classifieds? Apparently it can be set up 650b. Great colour too!

Will have a look

Also believe the Element 70 MTL can be converted, with the Fox fork up front, the rear got enough space.

G

Did you see the new Blur LTc in the classifieds? Apparently it can be set up 650b. Great colour too!

Red ESI Grips with those black carbon bars...

Mmmmmm... sounds good. The black ones are new so maybe the LBS will let me swop for red ones ^_^

Havent read the whole thread but may i ask how much the frame cost??

23k...

Yep, 23k

Mmmmmm... sounds good. The black ones are new so maybe the LBS will let me swop for red ones ^_^

Yep, 23k

You won't regret it. The red pop against the black... Are your hubs or rotors also red?

Yep, 23k

You won't regret it. The red pops against the black... Are your hubs or rotors also red?

Delilah, It probably does, and V will make sure he gets you everything needed, but rather save than sorry.

Remember the brass nipples. otherwise they seize.

Asking could lead to a BB as part of Groupset or a non standard, never know... :D

G

The rims arrived late yesterday afternoon...

post-32658-0-87736900-1347520927.jpg

The rims are carbon, I don't think that the alu niples will be a problem.

You won't regret it. The red pop against the black... Are your hubs or rotors also red?

Hubs are red Hope 2 Evos. :thumbup: The rotors will be Icetechs, so no, they will just be plain.

The rims are carbon, I don't think that the alu niples will be a problem.

Cool, that confirms what I thought. Thanks!

Is that the frame only, or with a shock included, or is this a Hard tail?

23k for frame and rear shock. The Tallboy Carbon is a dual-sus 29er.

wow, ouch, puts numbers into perspective....

Considering

Forks: R6K

Wheel Set: R6K

Group Set: R7K

Stem, Bars, Head Set & and other bits: R5K

Frame: R20K

Makes for a difficult number to hide from a 2nd half, or even justify to self.

I might just go with a aluminium frame (or mix, frame Carbon and back triangle alu), like to have it end under 13kg's

Whats your budget.

G

23k for frame and rear shock. The Tallboy Carbon is a dual-sus 29er.

wow, ouch, puts numbers into perspective....

Considering

Forks: R6K

Wheel Set: R6K

Group Set: R7K

Stem, Bars, Head Set & and other bits: R5K

Frame: R20K

Makes for a difficult number to hide from a 2nd half, or even justify to self.

I might just go with a aluminium frame (or mix, frame Carbon and back triangle alu), like to have it end under 13kg's

Whats your budget.

My budget? That thing which has moved on to the great beyond? Or what this will actually end up costing? :whistling:

Well, you got it almost right with that list. Less on the group, more on the fork, about 7.5k for the carbon wheelset. Stem, bars, headset can be done for a little less if imported.

You know, Silverback has a 650b dual-sus that comes in under 13kg. It is alu, but has xt with slx brakes iirc.

EDIT: Link http://www.silverbacklab.com/2011_website_SILVERBACK/slider275_13.htm

Edited by Delilah

Hmm, did not know about the Silberback. Will have a look. do you have a link.

I'm keen on the ZTR Crests with Hope Evo2 hub's, as available from Buycycle at R6K.

Been thinking I'll start getting some of the bits so long, distribute the expenses, things I can get that I know is universal mount.

G

My budget? That thing which has moved on to the great beyond? Or what this will actually end up costing? :whistling:

Well, you got it almost right with that list. Less on the group, more on the fork, about 7.5k for the carbon wheelset. Stem, bars, headset can be done for a little less if imported.

You know, Silverback has a 650b dual-sus that comes in under 13kg. It is alu, but has xt with slx brakes iirc.

EDIT: Link http://www.silverbacklab.com/2011_website_SILVERBACK/slider275_13.htm