Saddle Height on MTB vs Road Bike

Vetseun

Has no impact. You are measuring from the bottom of the stroke and not from the center of the bb

Saddle height should be measured from the center of of the BB, then the crank length will have a small influence albeit 2.5mm or 5mm ... but thats more to do with your pedal stroke

I know my saddle height and set it up as such before getting onto any bike road/mtb/track/tt /ss or whatever

For me - there's 5 mm difference in Ergofit setups between my road and MTB.

But the difference for me may come in here: I ride (and that's also the advised lengths) 172.5 cranks on road and 175 on mtb. And I use different shoes and cleats: FWIW both Shimano pedals and cleats, but obviously road vs mtb and Spez road and mtb shoes. I'm guessing if you begate these two factors, the saddle height should be the same.

Just a note: Ergofit measures seat height not from pedal (due to crank length differences) but from center of BB, along the seat tube.

Exactly the same for me - also did ERgo and there is a 5mm difference with road being slight higher.

OK, when it is not sometimes do you run the same height.?

Yes, most of the time its the same as my road bike.

Different kinds of cleats? Would make a difference?

One of the reasons why i use the same shoes and pedals on all my bikes.