[Event] Tiletoria West Coast Express

mdk555

I was wondering if I bring my wife along that does not ride, nor has any interst in doing so, is there something at the venue for her to do?, coffee, etc while she waits the two hours ten minutes for me to finish :P ??

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same. Most road races don't cater very well for the stay behind partners.

My wife needs to stay to look after the baby,

Hopefully MDK replies. I know one of the people on the organising crew. Will ask them some questions later and hear what they say.

Fully agree. Last year just before Koeberg towards Melkbos we had an incident in the bunch and some of us instinctively swerved out to avoid a pile-up. By the grace of God nothing happened, even though a truck came flying past us just seconds after we'd collected ourselves into a bunch again. One of my more enjoyable road races, but that incident made me seriously re-think whether I want to do the event again. But I guess that could happen in any of the road races.

What group?

Last year it rained and that's why it was so dangerous. Fast ride on slippery roads.

Hope everybody enjoys the race this year. :thumbup: .

Edited by Sound Guy

Howdi Guys. There will be lots of food, coffee, the pub is open, music, have ordered a jumping castle and a face painter for the kids. See you there.

Howdi Guys. There will be lots of food, coffee, the pub is open, music, have ordered a jumping castle and a face painter for the kids. See you there.

:thumbup:

What weather did you order? Wind or rain ? :eek:

Sounds lekker.

41% rain predicted for Sunday with a light SW wind. Im doing the 19km with my 11yr old. Its his first ride in a bunch. Im definitely going to be keeping as far left as possible. Racing is going to be fast for the main route but coming back might be tough against the wind. Safe riding.

AZ, checked the link you posted but can't find info. I need to pick up a new chip I ordered. Can it be done on morning or where do we go on Friday or Saturday? I know the 19km aint timed.

Online can be done on www.theoutriders.co.za You can also pre enter at Tiletoria showroom until Thursday or you can enter on the day at the venue.

Pretty strong winds predicted for Sunday am.

27 knot South Easter!!! thumbdown.gif cursing.gif thumbdown.gif cursing.gif

Not riding, but it is not good news at all.