Newbie/ Couch Potato - losing weight/getting fit

Kanga

Have a look at the "Cape Epic Battle Plan" thread, there is loads of valuable info there!

A guy called Excitement or something like that seems on top of his game!!

Smouldering post.

:lol: :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Kanga,

Be careful.

This sport is addictive.

It hurts the budget.

And makes one sleep like deep after a hard day in the saddle.

BE WARNED.

welcome to the world of cycling, best advise i can give is to have fun dude!!! eventually you will be having such a joll on your bike you wont even realize you just did 100kms and lost 30kgs.

we ride and keep riding because we love it and enjoy it.

you will too.

good luck dude!! hope you have a joll!!

I have a sneaky suspicion that this is what will happen

Remember, the hardest part of your "cycling life" is now, and from here on in it only gets better and more fun. Remember to listen to your body: if you really, really don't feel like riding, its not always laziness. Don't overdo it from the start, and remember that a short, 5km ride, is better than no ride at all.

Welcome, and happy cycling :thumbup:

It might be laziness :blush:

@ Kanga,

Be careful.

This sport is addictive.

It hurts the budget.

And makes one sleep like deep after a hard day in the saddle.

BE WARNED.

I am sure the budget will suffer, I ike gadgets and nice toys and dont sleep well so this might be the sprt for me :clap: :devil:

I have a sneaky suspicion that this is what will happen

It might be laziness :blush:

I am sure the budget will suffer, I ike gadgets and nice toys and dont sleep well so this might be the sprt for me :clap: :devil:

Cool, man.

Welcome to a great sport.

Even if you dont feel like riding,get on your bike and cruise along .Soon your blood will start flowing and the wind in your hair will carry you along .It mignt be the best ride of the week or month.Drink water ,not a beer, after a ride and the weight will drop steadily

Well went for a ride yesterday along the beach and I enjoy this bike thing(more like a cruise than a ride)

The one who must be obeyed has decided she wants a bike as well, :devil: so I will have a partner in crime. Strangely two of my beer drinking buddies have also taken to the idea and are both heading for a sportmans warehouse/ cycle shop this weekend.

This could be contagious

Edited by Kanga

Mhh I think Excitements battle plan is more like Excrement :whistling:

ROFLMAO x1000

Edited by RoboCyclist

Well got around 12km this afternoon, nowhere near what you guys do but hell a monster leap for me. Most noticeable is that I loved every second of the ride, even the tough (tough for me) bits.

My Mate got himself a Scott of some sort from City Cycles this morning so having a parther in crime is good fun.

My right wrist was getting a little sore towards the end, could this be riding position or am I just using previously unused muscles?

• 2 months later...

Tiny Update

Cycling 15km at least 3 times a weeks and then a 30-40km over the weekend. Losing some blubber but can feel myself getting fitter, eeven starting to enjoy the odd looong uphill.

Upgraded to a Merida TFS900 29er that was properly set up and did the cleat thing a few weeks ago, good news is I am not landing on my nose much anymore.

This sport is awesome

Edited by Kanga

Hi Kanga. Glad you're having fun and getting addicted to sport. Keep it up and you gonna be buying a road bike soon. Then you gonna get addicted to the speed.

Hi Kanga. Glad you're having fun and getting addicted to sport. Keep it up and you gonna be buying a road bike soon. Then you gonna get addicted to the speed.

Mhhhh Roadbike you say? Cant say the thought has not crossed my mind yet :)

Ended up putting a baby seat behind the first bike I bought and my 20 month old daughter loves it so so so much that all the cycling this far has been worth just the look on her face.

Mhhhh Roadbike you say? Cant say the thought has not crossed my mind yet :)

Ended up putting a baby seat behind the first bike I bought and my 20 month old daughter loves it so so so much that all the cycling this far has been worth just the look on her face.

Priceless!

Keep it up! The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step and you seem to be well on your way already!!!

Don't forget to post here regularly! We like knowing how you are doing!