Koeberg open again?

ibruegge

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went yesterday, my boy in the trailer. Must have been raining a little the days before: we pedaled through puddles so deep my son's trailer was flooded... :-)

Watch out for snakes

To cold , to wet to early in the season for snakes

P.S. you'll be lucky to see one in summer anyway :mellow:

• 5 months later...

A heads up for those planning to ride at Koeberg:

Due to operational reasons, no visitors will be allowed access to the Koeberg Visitors Centre, Koeberg Nature Reserve, and hiking/cycling trails from 17:00 on Friday, 14 March 2014, until Monday, 24 March 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

is there specific times for entry? 6h in the morning?

Maybe a bit late in replying, but entry only after first light, and not after sunset. So varies depending on the time of the year. Depending on the guard on duty, you might have to actually wait for sunrise. Not ideal between March and September for early rides.

• 4 weeks later...

... entry only after first light, and not after sunset. So varies depending on the time of the year. Depending on the guard on duty, you might have to actually wait for sunrise. Not ideal between March and September for early rides.

It's nice to find an answer without having to ask the question.

:)

• 3 years later...

Went to the nature reserve for a walk with the kids this weekend. The first time we have ever been there. Saw a MOERSE snake just off from the car park. It got a bit hot out yesterday so we only walked to the first picnic like spot, where the waterhole is. Anyway, it was a fun outing and i would really like to go back and take the bikes this time. Can anyone provide some more info on the bike routes: Distance? Are there marked trails? Are there picnic areas further out? Will we get to see the sea?

Went to the nature reserve for a walk with the kids this weekend. The first time we have ever been there. Saw a MOERSE snake just off from the car park. It got a bit hot out yesterday so we only walked to the first picnic like spot, where the waterhole is. Anyway, it was a fun outing and i would really like to go back and take the bikes this time. Can anyone provide some more info on the bike routes: Distance? Are there marked trails? Are there picnic areas further out? Will we get to see the sea?

From the car park, the route is about 22-24km, full loop and if you follow all the correct boards. The route is marked and yes, once you get to the dams, you will see the sea. Its a very easy ride with a few options of cutting the ride short, should you want to turn back earlier. There is a thatched lapa close to one of the gates on the N7 that you can use for a picnic, alternatively the area at the dams by the bird hide will also work. Just Dont use the Jan se Gat lapa unless you want security on your case within minutes.

Apologies - West Coast Rd, not N7... too late for this blonde.

From the car park, the route is about 22-24km, full loop and if you follow all the correct boards. The route is marked and yes, once you get to the dams, you will see the sea. Its a very easy ride with a few options of cutting the ride short, should you want to turn back earlier. There is a thatched lapa close to one of the gates on the N7 that you can use for a picnic, alternatively the area at the dams by the bird hide will also work. Just Dont use the Jan se Gat lapa unless you want security on your case within minutes.

And there is also a shorter option to see the sea, if you head west (towards the beach) at the sign-posted four way crossing. 

And there is also a shorter option to see the sea, if you head west (towards the beach) at the sign-posted four way crossing. 

Think that one is +- 7kms.

post-103677-0-06634800-1505197416_thumb.jpg

Think that one is +- 7kms.

Sounds about right - car park to car park.

And then the dam is about 23 km, car park to car park.