Koeberg open again?

ibruegge

Hello, after I dragged my family and bikes and trailers to koeberg twice in the last two weeks only told be told it was closed until xyz and the closure was extended.... Does anyone know if it's open again? Thanks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Always good to phone ahead and check

(021) 5504021

Just note that you need a permit as of last week Wednesday

Hey crow, where does one get the permit? No more just rock up, show ID and enjoy the benefits of Eskom's environmental PR scheme... :-) ?

Nope. Apply at Koeberg near where we park AP1 or something like that. Phone them on Monday for all the details and requirements for a permit

I speak under correction, but this requirement is more linked to international security protocols than Koeberg PR. Makes sense to me.

Flymango, PR was referring to the existence of the nature reserve itself. "Look people, nuclear power is no problem, our springboks and zebras are happy!" :-) thanks though, will give them a call tomorrow.

we drove out there on Saturday to ride skinny wheeled bikes and were turned around.......whats the latest?

Go to ACP1 at Koeberg during office hours ( usually 7am - 5pm during the week). Take with you your ID Book and 1 x ID Photo and fill in the required forms. Wait one day to fetch your new Koeberg Nature Reserve Cycling Permit.

For more info: (021) 5504021

"it's currently closed for maintenance, we can't advise until when, and no, you don't need to pre-register for access, once it is open again, which we are not sure about when that will be" - Koeberg visitor centre gave me that info now. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived