Koeberg open again?

ibruegge

The shorter 7km ride is a bit of a waste in my opinion as it's not circular and you have to ride a small portion on soft sand to get to the beach.

The 22km route is fun, scenic and virtually no elevation, making it a nice ride for the whole family.

I am lucky in the sense that I have not come across any snakes on my rides there yet, but plenty of other animals showing face.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw many more animals than we expected and these okes came grazing very close to us. It was a very enjoyable outing with the kids and now that we have been there once we will go again soon.

post-72594-0-17526600-1505200316_thumb.jpg

There are plenty of zebra, eland and even a few wildebeest if you are very lucky. Most snakes are the mole ones - I had to bunny hop a little one on Saturday am. To see the most animals, go late afternoon or early morning.

• 2 months later...

My wife might have lost her driver's licence at Koeberg on Sunday.

Possibly at the toilets near the main security gate, or at the vantage point looking over the sea on the loop around the dam.

Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Koeberg Nature Reserve will be closed from 7 February 2018 until 28 February 2018, for road maintenance. During this time the reserve will be closed for all cyclists and hikers, including those with OCA permits.

I am intrigued. Is Jan se gat code for The Plutonium Depot? ????

Or is Jan just not a very nice bloke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Koeberg Nature Reserve will be closed from 7 February 2018 until 28 February 2018, for road maintenance. During this time the reserve will be closed for all cyclists and hikers, including those with OCA permits.

bump for the weekend warriors

I am intrigued. Is Jan se gat code for The Plutonium Depot?

Or is Jan just not a very nice bloke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheaper, not-for-sale version of Markus se gat

The maintenance to the roads in the Nature Reserve has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. The Nature Reserve will be open from today, 9 February 2018

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't cut corners.Had some close calls on the last 2 visits especially on loop near the dams

So what happened?

Not nice to come round a corner and there is a rider or riders coming towards you on the wrong side of the road and you have to duck into the bush to avoid a prang

Please don't cut corners.Had some close calls on the last 2 visits especially on loop near the dams

I had a 4x4 very nearly take me out at the bottom of the dip on the approach to the 4 way crossing where you either go left to the start, or right to the dam. This oke suddenly drifted (literally) straight into my path, trailing the biggest sand rooster-tail I have ever seen. If I was merely 5m further ahead I would have been tickets. I am still duped as to where this mullet came from, but he proceeded to charge into the sandy path veering of the right again about 20 meters further along the main drag at speed. And there I thought Koeberg was only open to cyclists and day-hikers. This happened about 3 years ago.

Archived