are expensive parts making us soft

Stretch

I must be soft, cost is not my main objection to mud but just dont like riding in the mud and seeing my allie on stuff u can't even see under the mud or wet roots and rocks.

And riding on wet trails just stuffs up the trail....

Bi I'm off to play golf now

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'v done plenty muddy rides over the years... i'v also spent many days surfing in crappy onshore winds with blue bottles everywhere!!!

But now realise that surfing in those conditions and riding in the rain and mud arnt really that fun!! When the conditions are like that these days i bank a few credits with the wife and kids..... for when the conditions are good!!!

Kind of agree with that. Riding in unexpected rain and mud is fine...even after a days rain before..but I draw the line after days and days of continuous rain where the mud makes the ride unenjoyable

I buy whatever I can afford and definitely don't deserve....why would I buy a full xtr groupo if I could....because I can.

Trying to justify emotional buying descisions is totally pointless. It's boring, predictable and I would rather take up lawn bowls, than riding on a vanilla bike with a vanilla fork, wheels and groupo.

Replacement costs and speed of wear and tear is the reason why I went with XT in place of X0. I would rather want to use the bike for riding than ogling.

Fair weather wannabee mountain bikers make excuses that the mud ruins their groupsets! Real mountain bikers ride anywhere, anytime and in any weather conditions! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

If I didn't pride myself on not taking **** too seriously, I'd be offended by that.

I've ridden so many times in the dark, mud, snot and rain in the name of 'training' that I really don't see the point of doing it when there is an alternative - ie. ride this afternoon.

No every ride needs to be an 'epic' ride. Puff on that one.

If I didn't pride myself on not taking **** too seriously, I'd be offended by that.

I've ridden so many times in the dark, mud, snot and rain in the name of 'training' that I really don't see the point of doing it when there is an alternative - ie. ride this afternoon.

No every ride needs to be an 'epic' ride. Puff on that one.

If my post offends you, you need to take a long hard look at why you are riding? Was your training for you, or to brag about to your wannabee buddies?

If your rides aren't epic then there is something wrong, perhaps you need to be doing a different sport!

I didn't mind to ride my previous, cheaper bike in the mud or through small river crossings, it was actually a lot of fun. My new bike has more expensive components (and is a dual suss, so even more stuff i don't want mud on), so I don't ride it in the mud if I can help it. Another reason not to ride in the mud is because I load the bike into my car and it can become a real mess with all the mud. Been thinking of maybe buyer a cheaper bike to play around with in the mud.

And a cheaper car?

If my post offends you, you need to take a long hard look at why you are riding? Was your training for you, or to brag about to your wannabee buddies?

If your rides aren't epic then there is something wrong, perhaps you need to be doing a different sport!

Damn, dude - I'm really offended. As you've suggested, I've given it some thought, and will be selling all my **** in the classifieds shortly. Clearly not wanting to suffer in the mud every ride is an indication that I'm nothing but a poser.

I better tell all my wannabe buddies as well.

Damn, dude - I'm really offended. As you've suggested, I've given it some thought, and will be selling all my **** in the classifieds shortly. Clearly not wanting to suffer in the mud every ride is an indication that I'm nothing but a poser.

I better tell all my wannabe buddies as well.

Can I get dibs on any good stuff, actually think it all will be good stuff cause it has never seen any mud! Lol

Can I get dibs on any good stuff, actually think it all will be good stuff cause it has never seen any mud! Lol

Swap for golf clubs / lawn bowls.

You okes are obviously joking about not riding in the mud?

HAHA... Mr western cape... I heard about you guys... spend more time looking at the mountain than actually riding... I think the sport you should stick to is watching TV...

For someone to be smart enough not to let his sport rule his life is in my books the "better man" go G-Unit!... Making every ride epic is impossible... unless you are the poser! but making the ride that you want to be epic, epic... now that makes a true cyclist...

@DD: I suggest should get a tighter fit... because your stuff is bouncing around like an amateur..pffft

I still cant believe what i'm hearing, I might have been out of MTB'ing for a while, but didnt know it got this soft!

In Western Cape, you wont be able to ride whole winter if your worried bout your parts getting hurt.

HAHA... Mr western cape... I heard about you guys... spend more time looking at the mountain than actually riding... I think the sport you should stick to is watching TV... For someone to be smart enough not to let his sport rule his life is in my books the "better man" go G-Unit!... Making every ride epic is impossible... unless you are the poser! but making the ride that you want to be epic, epic... now that makes a true cyclist... @DD: I suggest should get a tighter fit... because your stuff is bouncing around like an amateur..pffft

cmon... thats a good one! :clap: :clap: :clap: