BridgeCycles - disgrace

MariusL

this dragged from the dead ....

With all this feel good shite on the Hub at the moment we really are scraping the bottom of the barrel

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why were the bling parts removed from the bike to begin with? Or did I miss that post somewhere?

Seems like a lot of broken telephone here.

OP is not the owner/customer, but a concerned friend.

Customer hasn't given his side.

LBS hasn't really put things straight.

GoLefty! is telling it the way he sees it, and it's good to see him defending his favourite store.

What I can chirp in, is that Bridge definitely are the 'Cajees of cape town' who do things their way..You just need to see some of the personal stories here to confirm that, I have seen the thumbsuck pricing and badly sized bike sales personally. BUT, they've got loads of stock, are open on sundays and are clearly a successful shop.

I can also vouch for the bikeowner not having an ego proportional to the sale price of his bike, very humble giant.

Seems like a lot of broken telephone here.

OP is not the owner/customer, but a concerned friend.

Customer hasn't given his side.

LBS hasn't really put things straight.

GoLefty! is telling it the way he sees it, and it's good to see him defending his favourite store.

What I can chirp in, is that Bridge definitely are the 'Cajees of cape town' who do things their way..You just need to see some of the personal stories here to confirm that, I have seen the thumbsuck pricing and badly sized bike sales personally. BUT, they've got loads of stock, are open on sundays and are clearly a successful shop.

I can also vouch for the bikeowner not having an ego proportional to the sale price of his bike, very humble giant.

There are a couple of witness accounts here, that totally contradicts lefty's version. I dont mind him defending his local shop (regardless of what his connection might be) but he makes a whole lot of assumptions and calls it facts in contradiction to the witness accounts of the people that were actually there)

So if he wants to defend cajees err i mean BRIDGE, then he needs to do it based on actual facts and truths. Not conjecture made up to discredit the eyewitness accounts, thats just kind of bad taste.

Edited by covie

and from customers who were in teh shop at teh time the reports were that your mate went off like a lunatic and started accusing people before the facts were in.

the flip side of the story is that your mates parts were packed in a bag in front for Demietri's attention. He wasn;t there and the mechanic forgot to tell him about it. When your mate arrived and wanted his bike, he saw it standing on the side with "not his parts".

It took some time to sort out who placed the parts but they were found under the counter at the front desk. If anyone was wanting to steal from your friend it would have been found in a mechanics back pack.

it was an honest misunderstanding but your chum never gave anyone an opportunity to explain. considering that Fizal had a brother on his death bed and an irate unreasonable customer standing in front of him, throwing his toys out of the cot in front of other customers, I;m not surprised that FIzal walked away.

Read that whichever way you want. I've been a customer of Bridge Cycles since 1988 when they first started selling bike spares from a little cabinet next to the Wilson Blocks. They have never stolen from me, except when they had one individual who I shall not name but they asked him to leave once they got wind of what he was up too.

Lessons to be learned form both sides: COMMUNICATION.

the behaviour displayed that day was uncalled for, condescending, down right rude for what was a simple communication mistake. you make your choice but I'll be supporting Bridge for many years to come.

Cheers

Funny how this side of the story doesn't even tie up with what a fellow hubber commented on this post... have a read a few post back, chum. I think you are misinformed...

How would you feel if your expensive Spez parts were removed (without your approval), and then you're told that's the way your bike was brought in???

I'm sure you'd be polite as a granny...

So a good mate of mine, who rides an awesome Spez... takes his bike to Bridge for a pre-race service... and rear-wheel re-spoke

Get his bike back with all the titanium bolts, top of the range rotors, cassette and titanium skewers "replaced" with entry level parts...

As the sote owner explained, they were still busy with the bike and fitted those parts temporarily. The shop assistant who was handling the case was not there so the store owner was not aware of progress on the job. The parts were in a plastic bag, under the counter...

When asking what the h3ll is up, they insist this is how the bike came to them... the owner ignores him and walks away... after my mate flips his lid, they agree to have a look at their CCtv footage... low and behold they somehow see that his bike did come in with the expensive parts...

The store owner walks away, ............to question the mechanic......strange how that gets twisted to suit an agenda. And yes they did check the CCTV and comfirmed

They quickly have a walk to the workshop and come back with a package containing all his "missing" parts...

this now the 2nd or third walk to the workshop because your mate had a few people looking around for the bag of parts.

To make things worse, his first ride results in a his (re-spoked) real wheel breaking, and one expensive Roval rim now being in two parts... Bridges response: "you should have tested the wheel first"... and that would have stopped it breaking how??? Spez says it's not a warrantee claim (understandable to some degree), and Bridge doesn't want to come to the party...

interesting that you and your mate leave out the bit of information that your mate conveyed to the store owner where the wheel was first rebuilt by another bike shop,..who allegedly built the wheel incorrectly. The Bridge rebuild was to correct the alleged first incorrect wheel build.

Disgusting!!! I haven't bought anything from BridgeCycles in years... and they definitely won't see me any time soon... if ever.

edit: typo

That's a pity because I get the best deals in town there. Melvin is one of the best mechanics in the country and is an excellent wheel builder. I had wheels built by him last me 10years before I sold them (big mistake). Choices you and your buddy make are entirely up to you, but I think posting only your version of the truth is unfair.

I am not going to debate it further. This was nothing more than a misunderstanding. Your pal got his parts back, no one stole anything from him.

The wheel that collapsed, well it not Bridge's call on the warranty is it since the wheel had already been dismantled and reassembled, prior to Bridge touching it, at another bike shop...

Melvin is one of the best mechanics in the country and is an excellent wheel builder. I had wheels built by him last me 10years before I sold them (big mistake). Choices you and your buddy make are entirely up to you, but I think posting only your version of the truth is unfair.

+1

He is the only mech i fully trust to work on my bike, no questions asked. I can't vouch for the others; although there is one former mech there whose name I wont mention, who i wouldnt trust as far as I could throw him. Let me just say that I wont be frequenting the 2 shops he has since established.

As the sote owner explained, they were still busy with the bike and fitted those parts temporarily. The shop assistant who was handling the case was not there so the store owner was not aware of progress on the job. The parts were in a plastic bag, under the counter...

The store owner walks away, ............to question the mechanic......strange how that gets twisted to suit an agenda. And yes they did check the CCTV and comfirmed

this now the 2nd or third walk to the workshop because your mate had a few people looking around for the bag of parts.

interesting that you and your mate leave out the bit of information that your mate conveyed to the store owner where the wheel was first rebuilt by another bike shop,..who allegedly built the wheel incorrectly. The Bridge rebuild was to correct the alleged first incorrect wheel build.

That's a pity because I get the best deals in town there. Melvin is one of the best mechanics in the country and is an excellent wheel builder. I had wheels built by him last me 10years before I sold them (big mistake). Choices you and your buddy make are entirely up to you, but I think posting only your version of the truth is unfair.

I am not going to debate it further. This was nothing more than a misunderstanding. Your pal got his parts back, no one stole anything from him.

The wheel that collapsed, well it not Bridge's call on the warranty is it since the wheel had already been dismantled and reassembled, prior to Bridge touching it, at another bike shop...

Why the h3ll did they take the parts off in the first place?

Would love to know your reaction if you arrived at a shop and all your expensive parts were missing... I'm sure you'd be very understanding...

You seem to conveniently forget the fellow hubber who witnessed this... your story is twisted... go troll somewhere else, or better yet go ride your bike!

Why the h3ll did they take the parts off in the first place?

Would love to know your reaction if you arrived at a shop and all your expensive parts were missing... I'm sure you'd be very understanding...

You seem to conveniently forget the fellow hubber who witnessed this... your story is twisted... go troll somewhere else, or better yet go ride your bike!

seems to me like your lies and trolling are exposed.

Whoever your source is at bridge they are talking bs... He has the receipt for the wheel build bridge done & charged him for. If you want I'll even forward you a copy of it.

If you worked on someone's bike and said pick your bike up at 2pm - wouldn't you be there to mate sure your client is happy - especially after taking off parts. If the bike wasn't ready why was it on the sales floor ready for collection?

Bridge has even lied to Specialized about the said incident...

Udxcob witnessed my mates behaviour in the store & can - & has testified to it....

All the other horror stories back up the claims of bad service... This isn't a once off.

You make your own conclusion based on whatever you want.

Good luck trying to convince us otherwise.

Where was the wheel rebuilt before Bridge rebuilt it? Someone had to have built it incorrectly because that was pointed out and promoted the re-rebuild.