Indoor trainer for a 29er

Mikesa9

I'm keen to buy an indoor trainer that I can put my 29er on. When I looked at a CycleOps trainer, I was advised that you cannot fit a 29er on to it. Does anyone know of a brand that a 29er will fit on to?

Many thanks in advance.

you should be able to use a 26er wheel on the back with a normal trainer.. just get the same type of cluster and a slick wheel...

road bikes are all 29 inch wheels, so I would imagine any trainer would work

Maybe with the knobbies it does not fit??But with a thinnish Slick tyre it should work

I have an A-frame at home that works for my road bike but my 29er does not fit due to the 2.25 tyres that I have on the rims. That being said, I hate A-frames. Get yourself a roller with resistance settings

Maybe with the knobbies it does not fit??But with a thinnish Slick tyre it should work

it is the tyre volume that causes the problem Edited by Mr SingleTrack

it is the ryre volume that causes the problem

Yeah that's what I thought, much thicker tire volume.

I'm keen to buy an indoor trainer that I can put my 29er on. When I looked at a CycleOps trainer, I was advised that you cannot fit a 29er on to it. Does anyone know of a brand that a 29er will fit on to?

Many thanks in advance.

I'm using a CycleOps Powerbeam Pro on my 29er (Santa Cruz Tallboy) and it works perfectly. I used an old 29er wheel and just put a normal Conti road tyre on - works a dream.

You can't go wrong with the CycleOps products - really impressed with the quality and build of the Powerbeam Pro. Have a look at www.bicyclepower.co.za - they are the local agents.

I'm using a CycleOps Powerbeam Pro on my 29er (Santa Cruz Tallboy) and it works perfectly. I used an old 29er wheel and just put a normal Conti road tyre on - works a dream.

You can't go wrong with the CycleOps products - really impressed with the quality and build of the Powerbeam Pro. Have a look at www.bicyclepower.co.za - they are the local agents.

For the life of me I cannot get myself to put my Mtb on my trainer.It looks like it's going to break my trainer.

I'm with you - can't even get myself on a road bike on an IDT - and here they're positively trying to put a mtb on one?! :eek:

For the life of me I cannot get myself to put my Mtb on my trainer.It looks like it's going to break my trainer.

I had a choice between the 29er or my Daughters tricycle... 29er won... could not get the saddle extended far enough on the tricycle :)

Seriously, It's the only bike that I have and I like the idea of sitting in the same position on the same bike that I'll be riding in any race when I'm training.