StevieL

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Momsen AL529 Racing type - RRP = R15 995.00

Momsen AL529 Standard - RRP = R13 995.00

Super spec, super heavy though, im assuming weight is a consideration if someone is looking for aHT

Axis

Scott

Giant

Momsen

Silverback

Merida

Trek

Titan

.........etc

Don't think any of them will be rubbish

A Mate recently bought a Merida with XT and a Fox fork for around about that. Nice bike.

Model?? Please. :)

Look out for the new 2013 Silverback Vida 1 that should be coming. Its slightly below the 2012 spec, but its still looks great. Should be around R15k or so. And should be the best value bike at that price point.

Super spec, super heavy though, im assuming weight is a consideration if someone is looking for aHT

Agreed, but as a newbie, I was looking for reliability and durability from a bike, and I was impressed with the Momsen. Very pleased with it.

Quote from another Momsen bike review:

"It’s the heaviest of the lot, so it’s clear that Momsen is playing it safe. As manufacturers peel the grams off, warranty issues creep in and the last thing any new(ish) brand needs is a run of breakages. So it’s a little overbuilt, which will suit heavier riders looking for a solid, reliable rig. The ‘heavy rider’ issue came up often during the test.

A look at the price tag and the spec list tells us that it’s a bang-for-buck bike, with top-level wheels...."

I had this bike and it was a great machine - my suggestion as well!

What are those wheels like?

And 14k for a carbon 29er?? Serious?

The Silverback Vida 1 is the best buy imo... Weight in at 11.004kg with tubeless conversion, for under 15k!!! Mine has 475km on the clock and NOTHING has gone wrong!!! I ride more than 50km a day, 6 days a week and i still cant find fault!!!