Towbar vs bikerack blues

Zeffer

Got a Holdfast bikerack and a Venter.

Then I got a Renault (no not the problem yet) with a gooseneck type tow hitch - not the type with a mounting plate for the Holdfast. Now cannot put the bikerack and trailer on a the same time.

Holdfast has no solution, recommend Ineed to get the gooseneck modified by engineering firm to have a plate fitted.

Any ideas?

I agree. Rack on the trailer works very well.

This. It's your best bet for using with a trailer. Should also be cheaper than having your towbar modified.

We at Thule can put ur bikes on the trailer, in a roof rack type system that can hold all the way up to 6 bikes, if that would be preferable.

cheapest solution is to get a ball mounted bike rack ...I have a Thule Express but no car at the moment so your problem is less expensive than mine!!!!

Do you ever need to transport the bike on its own without trailer in tow? Why not get a roof rack for your car.

Edited by MCipollini

What ever you do, do not put the bikes at the back of the trailer! It changes the ride dynamics of the trailer and it starts to swing. Rather put the bikes on top of the trailer or the roof of the car. Believe me I tried the back of the trailer it is dangerous.

What ever you do, do not put the bikes at the back of the trailer! It changes the ride dynamics of the trailer and it starts to swing. Rather put the bikes on top of the trailer or the roof of the car. Believe me I tried the back of the trailer it is dangerous.

What trailer are you using? This has never happened to me and I use my trailer with bikes a lot.

Edited by Newboy

Would suggest a roof rack on your car.

You also have the ability to take the Thule bike carriers off the roof of the car and mount them on top of the trailer when another car is pulling the trailer.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, yeah already got the Thule ball mount,but my problem is to do both (trailer and bikes) at the same time. roof racks are soooo expensive and to roof mount on a Scenic is gonna be a b!tch!

Was really hoping to hear of a towbar solution...

What trailer are you using? This has never happened to me and I use my trailer with bikes a lot.

It's a Challenger with nose cone and extended top. It's fine below 100kmh but anything quicker and it would start swaying in the wind.I have placed the bikes on top of the trailer which is fine. If you have no problem it might be trailer related.

Edited by River Rat