Tokai sections to session for setup

Pittstop

Looking for a nice repeatable section of Tokai to help get my suspension setup right. Any suggestions? (no DH tracks plz)

try the Mamba for flowing bumpy trails when get to the road cycle up and start again, you should use full travel on a XC bike

Its about 2 mins of ride time, you'll be carrying good speed too

any of Mamba / Boulders / Boomslang (ruins) and now My Roots.

My Roots lends itself to sessioning rather nicely, but it doesn't have the variety that Mamba has. Boulders is also cool, but a bit longer to be able to session properly.

For a proper sessioning, I'd do Mamba into Boomslang. Problem there is that you have that trek all the way to the top of Mamba again, and that's quite a few vertical metres.

If you're feeling a bit out of breath, repeats of Mamba are the best. It has everything - berms, dropoffs, roots, jumps, rock gardens etc. And it's really easy to get back to the top again.

any of Mamba / Boulders / Boomslang (ruins) and now My Roots.

My Roots lends itself to sessioning rather nicely, but it doesn't have the variety that Mamba has. Boulders is also cool, but a bit longer to be able to session properly.

For a proper sessioning, I'd do Mamba into Boomslang. Problem there is that you have that trek all the way to the top of Mamba again, and that's quite a few vertical metres.

If you're feeling a bit out of breath, repeats of Mamba are the best. It has everything - berms, dropoffs, roots, jumps, rock gardens etc. And it's really easy to get back to the top again.

What he said.

I like Boomslang for bike setup. Bit of everything and you can get build up enough speed to give the bike's suspension a proper work out.

What he said.

I like Boomslang for bike setup. Bit of everything and you can get build up enough speed to give the bike's suspension a proper work out.

Which one is that again? I'd go with what these guys say..

I think I need a map :blush:

Thanks. Going to see if I can haul myself that far up the mountain this weekend then. Or if feeling too out of it just use My Roots.

........... Problem there is that you have that trek all the way to the top of Mamba again, and that's quite a few vertical metres.........

Why, you scared of hights now?

Why, you scared of hights now?

Or in my case, I am sooo unfit at the moment, the downhill to the parking lot looks way more tempting.

until last week, the downhill from the parking lot was a good place to test your suspension!

FYI, it was a donation from MTB to fix the road. Sorry Pittstop, you could have shuttled the driveway.. doh!

until last week, the downhill from the parking lot was a good place to test your suspension!

FYI, it was a donation from MTB to fix the road. Sorry Pittstop, you could have shuttled the driveway.. doh!

I remember the drive being fun in places. But wasn't looking at tuning the bike on 6' drops :P