Why not stop at red traffic lights?

Green Hornet

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dangle, don't you get it? No agenda. I was just trying to ask a question, and you go straight to fighting me. Why?

I could call you transparent, I have seen through you ages ago.

I could call you transparent, I have seen through you ages ago.

Lovely.

So, any attempt at actually answering the question, or you want to carry on wasting your time fighting me?

Lovely.

So, any attempt at actually answering the question, or you want to carry on wasting your time fighting me?

Who is fighting with you, I refuse to answer you, I know you have a hidden agenda, so actually couldn't be bothered to entertain you with any substance.

Too-de-loo, buddy and thanks for the poem.

If a traffic light shines red in the forest, is it still wrong?

I think we need a time trial between Dangle and TNT1. (Obviously, we couldn't put them together on the start line.)

I think we need a time trial between Dangle and TNT1. (Obviously, we couldn't put them together on the start line.)

Meh. I'm transparent.

PS,

I saw a dude on a steel Gitane yesterday. Couldn't stop, but I'm gonna trawl that route and try get it for you.

Guest TheBushpig

Hehehe, so true and as much sarcasm you have in this post, I can't help but see the relevance in it.

Here in Midrand people don't give two ticks for a stop or a traffic light.

They have no patience and will regularly almost take you out, hoot at them and they want to have fisticuffs.

just another example that lawlessness is becoming a right. 100%.

Yup, that's exactly what I was getting at; too many do whatever the heck they please regardless of whether it endangers others or not.

Yup, that's exactly what I was getting at; too many do whatever the heck they please regardless of whether it endangers others or not.

Exactly why I asked what do you do when this conundrum faces you daily. Dangle couldn't answer, Fabes did, the rest of you?

Do you risk the fight and try and obey the law, or follow the when in Rome kind of principle?

50:50 I take the Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry / Spaghetti Western) approach where he has his own morality that sometimes coincides with the general view, and sometimes not.

I could run a red light today and blow you away tomorrow for doing the same thing.

So, punk, are you feeling lucky?

Edited by Joe Low

50:50 I take the Clint Eastwood(Dirty Harry / Spaghetti Western) approach; where he has his own morality that sometimes coincides with the general view, and sometimes not.

I could run a red light today and blow you away tomorrow for doing the same thing.

So, punk, are you feeling lucky?

Yeah, sometimes you gotta fight and run away, so you can run away another day.

Yeah, sometimes you gotta fight and run away, so you can run away another day.

Do unto others before, they do unto you.

Do unto others before, they do unto you.

And your take on the prick in the Polo I saw today, who couldn't wait, and went through the intersection (stop street) and got tagged by a taxi? I guess all and sundry blame the taxi, but the Polo was at fault.

And your take on the prick in the Polo I saw today, who couldn't wait, and went through the intersection (stop street) and got tagged by a taxi? I guess all and sundry blame the taxi, but the Polo was at fault.

Hope he's reincarnated as a donkey.

But more concerned about getting caught in a jam on the ORT service road parallel to the R21 this a.m. with the closure of the highway due to rock throwing and burning of vehicles.

Eissh its a jungle out there.

Exactly why I asked what do you do when this conundrum faces you daily. Dangle couldn't answer, Fabes did, the rest of you?

You couldn't answer either.

I ride for survival above obeying the law. There are certain instances where stopping at a red light is more dangerous to me than rolling through if it is safe to do so at the time. Nothing any of you hub-land chaps can say will ever change my perspective on this after spending upwards of 10 years on the road and having the various near misses and their patterns to reinforce how some stretches of road will always be less safe simply because of the situations they illicit in different scenerios out on those roads.

Principles are awesome in Utopia I've heard.....

The world's most intelligent man and his disciples are of the opinion that a red light is an absolute command to halt and a green one an invitation to proceed at own risk. We should bow down and prostrate ourselves at the feet of his enlightened and esteemed wisdom.

Guess we (the thinkers and survivors) will always be the outcast heretics...

:clap:

Edited by RoboCyclist