Buying Directly from On One

Witkop

I am about to order a bicycle from on-one. Has anyone had dealings with this method. They mention they use a worldwide courier service. Is it better to give a home address/work address or a postal address?

How does the customs work? Does the courier pay it and then claim it on delivery?

Any advice?

Safe, Fast and Friendly!

Post pics of the purchase when it arrives.

RE Customs .. what are you ordering?

I am about to order a bicycle from on-one. Has anyone had dealings with this method. They mention they use a worldwide courier service. Is it better to give a home address/work address or a postal address?

How does the customs work? Does the courier pay it and then claim it on delivery?

Any advice?

If ordering a complete bicycle ask them to send the wheels a couple days later. Complete bikes attract duty where as parts do not.

I had a problem with the PO on this side, they did not notify me that my package was ready for pick up so was phoning everywhere trying to track them down, so I would check with the PO as often as possible once the courier service says your package is in SA.

Just my input from personal experience... al have always paid VAT (compulsory) regardless if it has import duty or not, plus a fee sometimes, i always add 17% to my online orders to give me an idea if its "worth it" or not. But if it's a huge saving by all means go for it ! Hope you made the right choice.

It's easy: get the tracking number from On-One.

Call SAPO every few days and see if the box has arrived in country: 0860 111 502. They will convert the international tracking number to a local one once the package arrives.

Track it to your local post office or depot and go and fetch the stuff!

If it is a courier service then direct to your home! If it is general post (with tracking) then PO Box and do as divernick says.

If by courier will arrive quickly, if by post expect to wait weeks. My last CRC order on the 10 September is still not here yet, sometimes it can come quickly, other times Customs take an age to process and with the transport strike, goods will take even longer.

Split the bike if you can so as seen to come in as parts (zero duty only VAT and handling charge). Do a search on the hub for Customs duties, there is a lot of info already which will give you an idea of what to expect.

Lastly, enjoy the new bike :thumbup:

The local importer will probably give you a better deal than buying online. I've had great service from him.

boyd@cyclespro.co.za

The local importer will probably give you a better deal than buying online. I've had great service from him.

boyd@cyclespro.co.za

Price is the same

It's easy: get the tracking number from On-One.

Call SAPO every few days and see if the box has arrived in country: 0860 111 502. They will convert the international tracking number to a local one once the package arrives.

Track it to your local post office or depot and go and fetch the stuff!

I found a similar post like two weeks into phoning around and it was so easy then!

I bought my Titus frame directly from On-One in the UK. No problems whatsoever and the postage cost was relatively cheap and arrived within 10 days.

Conversely, I ordered and paid for a new ss frame from Germany on the 18th and it still hasn't left Germany yet (and the postage was more expensive!!).

I bought my Titus frame directly from On-One in the UK. No problems whatsoever and the postage cost was relatively cheap and arrived within 10 days.

Conversely, I ordered and paid for a new ss frame from Germany on the 18th and it still hasn't left Germany yet (and the postage was more expensive!!).

From where/who in Germany?

Bike24? they are super slow to dispatch, use DHL for their leg, but it's handed over to SAPO when it gets here...

I get stuff from them every now and then....