Eselfontein MTB Festival

Ceres

Festival will take place the weekend of the 19+20 of October ? Friday and Saturday ?

Should this be 20 and 21 Oct ?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it is the 19 and 20 of October. The 19 Friday is the night race which normally starts at 8 and then Saturday 20 is the main race. My Avatar is last years poster I will remove it now.

Ceres, is it pre-entry and if so where?

Jy kan op die dag ook inskryf, maar dit is goedkoper om online by Entrytime.com in te skryf.

We cycled there this weekend and the trail is just flipping amazing.

The faster you ride that ST the more you get to love it

We cycled there this weekend and the trail is just flipping amazing.

The faster you ride that ST the more you get to love it

Did you take the Inbred or Shova? Quite tempted to Gear Up this time around....Dead Man Walking does not lend itself to SSin, the rest of the course is mostly rideable.

Did you find that single track at the top (after the pipeline) before the gate?

I really can not say I took note of a pipeline or gate.

Our group started slow and we lost lots of time waiting for some riders, following this we picked up a bit of pace, but the heat was coming on so we did mostly the 35km route.

The route has got really good flow to it and we did a section some people referred to as the "washing machine" .... flipping fun with that little jump also thrown into the mix.

Overall we never did the mileage we intended doing, but we did enjoy all the trail we cycled on.

Did you take the Inbred or Shova? Quite tempted to Gear Up this time around....Dead Man Walking does not lend itself to SSin, the rest of the course is mostly rideable.

I took the Shova, but for the riding we did the SS would have been perfect.

It was nice riding the Shova again after her "resting" in the garage for over a month while the SS has been seeing all the riding action.

The short 35 km ride is perfect for SS but you really have to be hardcore to do the 65km, deadman walking is steap and the little stretch after the pipeline is close to 20% grade. Great to hear you enjoyed it but its sounds like you missed the best downhill the stretch after the pipeline to the end of Shapiro is epic.

The short 35 km ride is perfect for SS but you really have to be hardcore to do the 65km, deadman walking is steap and the little stretch after the pipeline is close to 20% grade. Great to hear you enjoyed it but its sounds like you missed the best downhill the stretch after the pipeline to the end of Shapiro is epic.

Ja ... don't rub it in!

Next time we come down the "faster group" will not be allowed to braai and drink late into the night like what happened the night before while we were staying at the farm house .... we started way too late into the morning and I recon in summer you can get on the bike at 5am latest.

Ja ... don't rub it in!

Next time we come down the "faster group" will not be allowed to braai and drink late into the night like what happened the night before while we were staying at the farm house .... we started way too late into the morning and I recon in summer you can get on the bike at 5am latest.

The braaing did make for a good weekend though :blush:

33mm rain predicted in Ceres for Sat on YR.NO...

Phillip's Creek is gonna be a jol!!!

Can't Wait :)

33mm rain predicted in Ceres for Sat on YR.NO...

Phillip's Creek is gonna be a jol!!!

Can't Wait :)

I saw that on YR but all the other weather websites are saying sunny, so I don't know who's wrong. :(

I would also like to know what the locals have to say about the weather? I am not really a fan of camping in the rain.

I would also like to know what the locals have to say about the weather? I am not really a fan of camping in the rain.

Weather looking pretty good for Saturday. Perfect for mtb.