Eselfontein MTB Festival

Ceres

I see the rain is getting less and less on YR so holding thumbs, the good thing is the track does drain well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the rain is getting less and less on YR so holding thumbs, the good thing is the track does drain well.

Looks like our camping weekend in Bonnievale is going to be washed out. :thumbdown: Might just make the trip through to Eselfontein on Saturday instead!! :thumbup: What's a bit of drizzle amongst MTBers anyhow? Sure beats that heat you guys can dish up from time to time!!

Ceres thanks for an amazing track the new sections apparently rock... i couldn't ride thanks to my torn thumb ligaments but hey the group kept on raving about it.

Ceres thanks for an amazing track the new sections apparently rock... i couldn't ride thanks to my torn thumb ligaments but hey the group kept on raving about it.

Beside your torn thumb, you also looked "torn" at being left at the camp fire while we headed out on our bikes.

Thanks for the cold beer on our return :thumbup:

Beside your torn thumb, you also looked "torn" at being left at the camp fire while we headed out on our bikes.

Thanks for the cold beer on our return :thumbup:

Cant finish a ride without having a golden beverage Hairy :)

Hey I see "Little Hairy" features at 14s into the clip :)

Hey I see "Little Hairy" features at 14s into the clip :)

And later on :) at the end, have to warm people though the vid stops at 11min somehow the tube duplicated it and it plays twice.

Thats a very cool movie Covie. Next time you guys must do the new downhill from past the pipeline that would look epic on a GoPro. That piece you guys climbed which was a bit overgrown was cleared and opened today. Also all the forest sections have been weedeatered and raked. Nobody the race will take place rain or shine, it probably will be a bit nicer with a bit of rain as it can get hot here.

Edited by Ceres

Thats a very cool movie Covie. Next time you guys must do the new downhill from past the pipeline that would look epic on a GoPro. That piece you guys climbed which was a bit overgrown was cleared and opened today. Also all the forest sections have been weedeatered and raked. Nobody the race will take place rain or shine, it probably will be a bit nicer with a bit of rain as it can get hot here.

Thanks Ceres, i will def phone you to see whats available 3 months from now once i am healed up and can ride again. Its still my all time fav place. And I'm still quite disappointed that i couldn't ride this weekend, Next time will bring all the camera an movie kit and then do a proper movie smile.png Those new sections looks epic.

And i agree with Ceres id rather ride in the rain this time of year than in the blistering sun in that part of the world, that valley can get quite toasty.

BTW when i come again we must def go ride been there about 8 times now and never managed to get you pinned down for some local guide knowledge :D

Edited by covie

Im more concerned regards the wind?? Windguru says 70kmh winds for cape town

Dont think you will have a wind problem in the valley its very sheltered.