Mankele 3 Towers

Terence Hope

thx Vinnydabutcher, was great to meet you too. Will give you a shout for some STF when I run out

Boet you kept me honest in that last days final few km of day 3...karma told me you were in front of him, so I thought I will come say hi....we were bombing it down there.

+1 on the water tables. Ice cold coke and energade really helped on day2. Mark and Geoff...don't change a thing guys, sterling job, also great that you are keeping it fresh ito small changes in the routes from previous year. This is one entry I won't give up.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a pity we only met on the last day right before the finish. Man you missed out, day one we gooi-ed gangnam style on the car radio on full blast on day one just before we headed to the starting line! What a way to energize for those hills…

yea man, I saw most of the hubbers earlier even had a chance to bomb down some singletrack with them. Better late than never hey.

Boet you kept me honest in that last days final few km of day 3...karma told me you were in front of him, so I thought I will come say hi....we were bombing it down there.

+1 on the water tables. Ice cold coke and energade really helped on day2. Mark and Geoff...don't change a thing guys, sterling job, also great that you are keeping it fresh ito small changes in the routes from previous year. This is one entry I won't give up.

haha, that was a good ride hey :thumbup:

Karma and I will be back next year as well! is it too early to say "I can't wait"?

Another one in the bag and it gets better every year . Going down the Avalance I lost the chain and after the fix I was about the jump back onto the trail when I heard a bike coming down at a moerse spoed . The poor gentleman misjudged his speed and the space he had to overtake and hit me on the back wheel . He went flying over the handle bars and badly cut his leg but also managed to break his rear brake lever . Could have been very ugly but luckly he did not break any bones . Each had one puncture but we also stopped to help a team who managed to totally destroy the rear derailure and front blade . The blade was so bend the crank could not even turn , how he did not break a chain we will never know . Also did a 26 tube into a 29 rim repair .

It was fun to ride the familiar bits in a different order, but the really fun part was that I had my first 3 rides on the alu 29er I bought on Thursday.

Teams - Race

Ironcycles ( Iron & BoostedGP ) 11h22min

Frikkie (karma & Mr SingleTrack)15h44min

Coro Capital - (Rattlesnake & Vinnydabutcher)10ho1min

Cows - (Clinton - theCOW & better half) ??

?? - (dirt-rider & ?) ??

Boer and soutie (dipslick & normal person) ??

Solo Bros - (Flyit & Solo65) 17h05min

Fasst - (FASST & MTBAASIKILIST)16h27min

Mountain Warriors - (Herman mtb'er & normal person)16h44min

Scuba Steve & Perlemoen guy (Bushdaaif & normal person aka real Scuba Steve)10h41min

Plastomark aka Ninjas - (Gnarly & normal person aka Deddi)15h22min

Grumpy Middle Aged Men - (MuddyMike & another) ???

Teams - Challenge

Mike & Spike ( Mike Bike & jcza) 10h58min

DubMax - (MaxUmis & Dubber88) 9h14min

Blood, Sweat and Beers (rouxtjie & normal person) 9h12min

Makadas Chicks - (knippie en kabouter) 9h48min

Makadas Men - (normal people) 9h07min

The inbetweeners - (lapa & normal person) 12h50min

Foggy Goggle and the Bar Fly - (Swift01 & MissSwift) 12h20min

Outlaws - (River Rat & normal person)12h00min

BurntStew - (typhoon & niccijs)11h29min

Brannewyn & Boude - (cronje.fourie & normal person) - Race/Challenge

if i missed you or its wrong just post it and i will do a update .

Loved this race and well done to all !!!!!

Edited by Iron

@Iron...thanks for the headsup on the SS, I would have died out there, you need to train to do this on rigid singlespeed, winging it isn't an option.

@Iron...thanks for the headsup on the SS, I would have died out there, you need to train to do this on rigid singlespeed, winging it isn't an option.

Ya , hats off to you on a SS , i ride my SS day in and day out and would not do this race on SS............................

what an event, I'm feeling blue this morning to be behind a desk, and not on my saddle.

@Iron - I have 12 beers for you, congrats on a great ride to you and Mike.

nice meeting all of you, great bunch of people. :thumbup:

Ya , hats off to you on a SS , i ride my SS day in and day out and would not do this race on SS............................

No no no, I took the geared german tank in the end, swift01 did go SS though. I just didn't prepare enough to be honest.

No no no, I took the geared german tank in the end, swift01 did go SS though. I just didn't prepare enough to be honest.

ahhh , cleaver man !

what an event, I'm feeling blue this morning to be behind a desk, and not on my saddle.

@Iron - I have 12 beers for you, congrats on a great ride to you and Mike.

nice meeting all of you, great bunch of people. :thumbup:

Great event filled with fantastic people .

@ Karma , keep the beers till we can get together and all drink them :thumbup:

Great event filled with fantastic people .

@ Karma , keep the beers till we can get together and all drink them :thumbup:

Thanks for the directions yesterday, they were spot on.

ahhh , cleaver man !

I believe swift01 is gonna try twist Geoff and Mark's arms to create a SS cat next year....lekker!