The solution to (drunk) motorists killing other road users? Opinions/Suggestions:

Bennie Dikwiel

EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!!!! All you guys are so easy to judge!! get a live guys!!! Andre is not made for jail!! he is a good person that made a moerse mistakes!! All the photos posted is not allowed going to take that up with www admins now.

GROW UP PEOPLE!! If this was family of yours you would act differently!!!

Well, atleast seeing that he is a good guy, it will make pappa just love him that much more....

Edited by Octavian

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with JGR! Leon, as you know Andre so well, could you please explain the thinking behind him wearing that t-shirt?

Can you also explain why he made the choice to get drunk and then operate his motor vehicle, which, in case you didn't know, is illegal?

Well that's the laws.

@

Mojoman

Maybe the are if they are giving out zaps the whole time!!

I didn't come here to fight ! Just don't want to see all these bad comments about someone who is not a bad person and someone that you don't even know!!

I am a web administrator and what must be done, must be done!

CatGirl jou taal is pateties!! ek se nie wat hy gedoen het is reg nie!!

Maar ek hoop hy kry n tweede kaans in die lewe

DIS AL WAT EK SE!!

GOD ASB HELP VIR ANDRE EN KRY HOM DEUR DIT!! EN WEES OOK ASB BY DIE MORRIS FAMILLIE ! Dis al wat ek kan vra en wil he

I didn't come here to fight ! Just don't want to see all these bad comments about someone who is not a bad person and someone that you don't even know!!

So, stop fighting.

Secondly, if you don't want to see the comments, don't look.

Thirdly, thanks for sharing. Why is your occupation relevant?

Well that's the laws.

@

Mojoman

Maybe the are if they are giving out zaps the whole time!!

wel die effer is NOU! he killed some one, a fact that cannot be argued away..

Leon you are on a cycling forum, we lost a cyclist on Sunday

Mr Morris is not getting a second chance

It's obvious you mates with him but we don't appreciate your biased opinion

DIS AL WAT EK SE!!

GOD ASB HELP VIR ANDRE EN KRY HOM DEUR DIT!! EN WEES OOK ASB BY DIE MORRIS FAMILLIE ! Dis al wat ek kan vra en wil he

We'd rather have "pathetic language" than drunk drivers.

Pity the person he killed doesn't get a second chance, right?

And you should try using more capital letters, the people in the back row can't hear you.

Tell us why Andre chose to get drunk and drive his car.

Edited by TNT1

DIS AL WAT EK SE!!

I'm sorry, but envoking God won't help. You should have prayed that he doesn't drink and drive... He took away someone's one and only chance at life, and it wasn't the devil that made him do it either...

is dit 'n dreigement om exaclty wat te doen?

FYI: drogredenasie van die lat ek sien...

Leon, I imagine you do not cycle hence becoming a member of the Hub at 11;23 obviously with the express desire to show the world what a fine responsible upstanding citizen your friend is.

Most of us at some stage have been seriously intoxicated at some stage of our lives, however hopefully most of us have a moral responsibility not to drive in that state, I don't care how trashed you are you still know the difference between right and wrong. Yes he made a mistake as you so eloquently put it, but most decent people ( if they allowed themselves to drive) would stop and get out, try help, phone an ambulance or whatever. Your little friend then drove a great distance to evade the scene and obvious implications.

As for the t-shirt, regardless of whether he had it beforehand ( which I seriously doubt) he also had the opportunity to put something on over it.

It will be an exercise in futility to ask how you would feel if it was a member of your family taken out by a drunken driver as you seem to feel the need to defend him and condone his leaving the scene.

Whilst I imagine you are not the least bit concerned, can you imagine how Clem's family feel seeing your outstanding example on decency wearing that shirt after their loved one has been killed by him?

I shouldn't imagine it would cross your mind but more importantly going through the motions of becoming a member with the sole purpose of expressing your venomous tirade against a number of people that are disgusted by the amount of people, not just cyclist's but women, children, men, black, white, whole families that are wiped out in an instant by someones total disregard for their actions and what might come from driving drunk.

Dropping my cup of coffee is a mistake. Forgetting to pay your Telkom account is a mistake.

Getting into your car so drunk you don't know you are driving on the wrong side of the road? Hitting and killing a cyclist? Trying to flee the scene? Wearing a shirt in poor taste to your court trial? Those are not mistakes: they are a reflection of selfishness, poor character, a person not fit to be part of society.

FFS, what do you think is going to happen when you drive your car drunk? Maybe you'll drive it better??

Sorry, no second chances when you kill someone because of your own selfishness, stupidity, lack of self control etc. You pay.