Mugging & Attempted Mugging - Paarden Island bike lane (near N1)

Rydogg

Find Zille or Nick Clelland on Twitter. ... He is the spin doctor for province.

You wouldn't expect a spin doctor to do anything useful would you?

Talking spin, Helen only comes out to pedal when the press cameras are out.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all she is quite the regular rider, even her protection detail have to do it with her.

All these recent hi-jackings and thefts is certainly scaring the crap out of me. Is anywhere safe to ride anymore?

Hillbrow - see how quick You can get through it.

Tweeted her now, one of my friends got mugged there "Bridge under the N1" a month ago.

Do we have any info on how many incidents have happened at this spot?? Can't help but feel that I'm constantly hearing about people that have had a problem there! Can't see why the cycle lane could not have followed the route between Marine Drive on the beach side all the way through Paarden Eiland, past the Woodstock onramp close to the fence next to the harbour and along this all the way to the city. The lane would then be completely visible in its entirety. I don't buy the fact the lane has to be next to the Rapid Transport Service. It's for people to cycle as transport, not cycle to the bus station and catch the bus!

I train alone most days but late morning in week. I never use the cycle lane from Church street to town. I rather take my chances with cars on N1 on the short stretch to Oswald Pirow street. That stretch on cycle lane should only be done in a group.Did u find a place yet?

Nope, still looking.

Im gonna be emailing keeno from cape talk today, this issue seems to have been going on for far to long now! they've made this cycling lane for cyclists safety and it seems to now be even more dangerous than the N1, total rubbish!! Im emailing him, he'll sort this out ;)

All these recent hi-jackings and thefts is certainly scaring the crap out of me. Is anywhere safe to ride anymore?

Ya, aren't you glad CT is soooooo safe?

Ya, aren't you glad CT is soooooo safe?

Jeepers, and the missus keeps trying to reasure me that its all fine, clearly it's not at the moment. I'm more worried for her, as she cycles everywhere all the time.

That is a few incidents in that area for this year. I think some guys should get some people together setup up a sting!! catch the guys and dump them in the middle of the ocean

GZ slaapstad seems face2face if you cycle :eek:

Then again cycle lanes in jozi would be like a bike superstore :ph34r:

That is a few incidents in that area for this year. I think some guys should get some people together setup up a sting!! catch the guys and dump them in the middle of the ocean

i am in

Better yet, tie them to the railway tracks adjacent to that Flucking broken fence!

from Tweeta!

Helen Zille ‏@helenzille

@cobusleroux @bicyclesafetysa This is very serious. Thanks for letting me know.

from Tweeta!

Helen Zille ‏@helenzille

@cobusleroux @bicyclesafetysa This is very serious. Thanks for letting me know.

Flip, talk about being on the ball and getting things done :thumbup: