right of way on the spruit

sadamhussein

:lol:

There are very few times when my 150mm has to give way to longer travel bikes.

I was going to have a little spruit ride on my rigid HT this afternoon but in the light of the new rules i'd have to give way even to dog walkers so will stay at home and have a beer instead.....

lol:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to have a little spruit ride on my rigid HT this afternoon but in the light of the new rules i'd have to give way even to dog walkers so will stay at home and have a beer instead.....

lol:

I will probably go out with the single speed later. Still has 120mm...

I will probably go out with the single speed later. Still has 120mm...

but no gears...

which then initiates Clause 3.1.4 "Single speeds are to give way not only to those with more travel, but also to geared bikes with equal travel"

but no gears...

which then initiates Clause 3.1.4 "Single speeds are to give way not only to those with more travel, but also to geared bikes with equal travel"

Except Clause 3.1.4a "Bicycles with bells on shall have right of way over all traffic in all directions - irrespective of whether they are pedestrians, animals (including DH bike riders) geared bikes, single speeds or not"

Right of way In this order: Cuties, armed "suspects", animals(leashed, unleashed, tame, wild, cute, dangerous), pedestrians(children, pensioners, strays, vagabonds), riders going uphill, fixies, road bikes, single speeds, hard tails, soft tails, 26ers, YOU, 29ers, tribikes

but no gears...

Cool. Gonna bring the lots of travel and lots of gears bike and ride up your jump line...

Better ask 29er_Normas Tree for his 'chute.:D

but no gears...

Except Clause 3.1.4a "Bicycles with bells on shall have right of way over all traffic in all directions -

Now i am really confused, as my ride only has one gear but also has a bell ......

Except Clause 3.1.4a "Bicycles with bells on shall have right of way over all traffic in all directions - irrespective of whether they are pedestrians, animals (including DH bike riders) geared bikes, single speeds or not"

oh no! That clause was put there illegitimately. Bicycles with bells fall into the same category as bikes with saddle-bags, and those with frame mounted pumps. ie. the 2 wheeled equivalent of a person wearing a moonbag. Therefore, just like one cannot take seriously an individual wearing a moonbag, one cannot take seriously a bicycle with a bell, and therefore one does not need to give right of way to them, but merely agknowledge their proximity

Now i am really confused, as my ride only has one gear but also has a bell ......

Also known as the "Get out of my way, I am a cycling god" device - you have right of way over everything - first to ring the bell gets it when confronted with another similar bike, unless he/dhe is going uphill, in which case he/she has right of way.

Single geared bikes must have bells according to those who know best and the crusher....

oh no! That clause was put there illegitimately. Bicycles with bells fall into the same category as bikes with saddle-bags, and those with frame mounted pumps. ie. the 2 wheeled equivalent of a person wearing a moonbag. Therefore, just like one cannot take seriously an individual wearing a moonbag, one cannot take seriously a bicycle with a bell, and therefore one does not need to give right of way to them, but merely agknowledge their proximity

Now I am confused, thought of moving my saddlebag and pump to the singlespeed and I havent shaved the beard in 6 weeks.