Wheel Builder required.

River Rat

Can Anyone recommend a good wheel builder in the Pretoria area?

After the Mankele carnage I'm looking to build a set of wheels for my 29er.

he said I would literally forget about my rear wheel after he built it until the op reminded me about it, damn you!

Think of a cool blue ocean.

Think of a cool blue ocean.

LOL! Ah thanks for that, not only am I thinking of a cool blue ocean I'm on my way to it, Amashova here I come.

Seriously Johan Bornman is the man for the job, i shipped my hub from Cape Town to Jhb, that's how much I trusted his wheel building skills, once wheel was built he shipped back to Cape Town.

LOL! Ah thanks for that, not only am I thinking of a cool blue ocean I'm on my way to it, Amashova here I come.

Seriously Johan Bornman is the man for the job, i shipped my hub from Cape Town to Jhb, that's how much I trusted his wheel building skills, once wheel was built he shipped back to Cape Town.

Enjoy but beware of the potholes!

Honestly, just get your LBS to do it.

You don't want to be sending the wheel to another province whenever something goes wrong or driving 100 km's.

Edited by Sound Guy

Honestly, just get your LBS to do it.

You don't want to be sending the wheel to another province whenever something goes wrong or driving 100 km's.

thats just the thing something will never go wrong once it's built correctly by the right person.

thats just the thing something will never go wrong once it's built correctly by the right person.

I agree and I saw this on Mankele. A nipple broke on day 1 which I fixed. On day 2 I replaced 2 more, by the end of Day 3 I was nursing the wheel home. When discussing this with the LBS they suggested giving it to a good wheel builder. So hence the request but I also want to build a bombproof wheel set with ZTR Flow rims and Hope evo2 hubs. Haven't yet decided on the spokes, maybe some suggestions.