Bryton buyers beware

dirk.leroux

Is not your consumer right to get a replacement or a cash refund if the item is returned within 7 days or something like that.

I had a recent experience with a router at incredible connection. They were happy to give me a full refund on a faulty router.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is not your consumer right to get a replacement or a cash refund if the item is returned within 7 days or something like that.

I had a recent experience with a router at incredible connection. They were happy to give me a full refund on a faulty router.

Nowhere in the CPA or any other thumb-sucked law is buyers remorse covered or rights bestowed on the consumer. CPA covers quality of goods sold.

Now a place like IC have a refund policy in place to keep the client happy as it costs them thousands in advertising to get you into the store and they know by trying to be difficult with you is not going to help them.

Nowhere in the CPA or any other thumb-sucked law is buyers remorse covered or rights bestowed on the consumer. CPA covers quality of goods sold.

Now a place like IC have a refund policy in place to keep the client happy as it costs them thousands in advertising to get you into the store and they know by trying to be difficult with you is not going to help them.

Apologies for the misinformation.

They should have swapped out the OP's Bryton immediately. He did not walk into the store to purchase a broken Bryton.

As mentioned in this thread we will replace and sort this out without qeustion, OBF is common in all electronic deices, be it any make, model or manufacturer and we will replace no problem. Trusting Dirk will contact us today......

*I will be calling all our company representatives just to re visit this and ensure it does not happen again.

They should have swapped out the OP's Bryton immediately. He did not walk into the store to purchase a broken Bryton.

What WORRIES me more is WHY there are so many sob stories about defective Brytons??? Why not an similar amount of complaints about Garmins???

I know now what my next product will be....definately NOT Bryton...

to much pride all the noise the guys make about garmin they to embarrased to say anything when it breaks ....wich it eventually will

Hi Dirk,

Jason here the owner at Ballistic Bike Trading, I've had a look at this thread and am not sure where Quinton got his info from. He works for me and I take responsibility for his actions however an OBF (out of box failure is covered by warrantee) not sure if you have been sorted out yet but give me call on 071 878 7992 anytime so we can resolve.

Apologies for any inconvenience....

and thats how jason rolls thumbup1.gif

to much pride all the noise the guys make about garmin they to embarrased to say anything when it breaks ....wich it eventually will

Keep on telling yourself that bud...bwhahahha. Its the one piece of kit I will pay double for...my edge 500. Not a single issue for over two years.

My Garmin Edge 800 wasnt picking up my heart rate, I thought the battery in the sensor was flat, so I changed that but the problem persisted. I figured I would stop by the Garmin head office in Honeydew seeing that it is close to home and buy a new sensor. I told them what was wrong and before I could finish my story, they took my Garmin and gave me an entire brand new unit "just in case it gave me any more hassles". I have had it almost a year so it wasnt exactly new out the box. I am so impressed with Garmin's service, I dont think I will ever buy sometihng else.

OK, but in that context the OP is allowed a full refund as it was a faulty product. This is where the CPA comes into play.

Hi James,

Yes you did get a 2011 bike from us as price was a major issue and you had a set budget that had to be met, we hooked you up with a 2011 Ghost model at a very good price to clear the stock and help you out.

Throughout the process you asked me many questions that I answered however at no point did I say we are agents for the components on the bikes, we are the distributors for Ghost and mentioned to you that all the items on the bike were covered by local agents and not us and that you would have no problem with any of the components should something go wrong as far as support goes. We are not a bike shop so when something goes wrong with a component we asked and informed you to please visit a local bike shop and ask them to look at it and that they would send it to the relevant agent as they have relationships with those guys and we are not always geared to manage that process. Looking at your post it was sorted and the only fault we see here is that we did not do as you wanted and that we asked that you go elsewhere for support and looking at this thread that was not good enough for you. In saying that we see you mention it s a great product and wish you many happy miles and in future when shopping for a bargain that you please visit your LBS and make nice things with them.

Jason 071 878 7992 | jason@bbtrading.co.za

Its fine, I got it sorted (the front brake persistently squealed, SRAM changed both my G3 rotors to HS1 rotors and different pads, LBS fitted all for free!).

But I wont make the mistake again of buying anything from them again!

Shame really as I feel the products are good but evidently after sales service is a bit lacking....!

Edited by Ballistic Bike trading

What WORRIES me more is WHY there are so many sob stories about defective Brytons??? Why not an similar amount of complaints about Garmins???

I know now what my next product will be....definately NOT Bryton...

I dropped my Garmin Edge 500 at Cyclelab 2 weeks ago to get 2 problems sorted out. The altimeter was going haywire and giving weird reading , plus there was a problem with the connector pins (plug in to the PC). The guy at CL told me straight away that I could wait anything up to a month to get unit back. Still waiting to get it back.

clap.gif Just called and the unit is back. So it took just under 3 weeks. In my humble opinion, these kinds of GPS units should just be swopped if they're still in warranty and not repaired. If the turn around time is a week or more , my guess is that either after sales service team is crap or they have too many units to repair, which tells another story.

I dropped my Garmin Edge 500 at Cyclelab 2 weeks ago to get 2 problems sorted out. The altimeter was going haywire and giving weird reading , plus there was a problem with the connector pins (plug in to the PC). The guy at CL told me straight away that I could wait anything up to a month to get unit back. Still waiting to get it back.

Is that CycleLab or Avnic taking the time?

Avnic in that place in Muizemberg generally fix issues in a few hours. And if it's software related it's normally free.

Hi James,

Yes you did get a 2011 bike from us as price was a major issue and you had a set budget that had to be met, we hooked you up with a 2011 Ghost model at a very good price to clear the stock and help you out.

Throughout the process you asked me many questions that I answered however at no point did I say we are agents for the components on the bikes, we are the distributors for Ghost and mentioned to you that all the items on the bike were covered by local agents and not us and that you would have no problem with any of the components should something go wrong as far as support goes. We are not a bike shop so when something goes wrong with a component we asked and informed you to please visit a local bike shop and ask them to look at it and that they would send it to the relevant agent as they have relationships with those guys and we are not always geared to manage that process. Looking at your post it was sorted and the only fault we see here is that we did not do as you wanted and that we asked that you go elsewhere for support and looking at this thread that was not good enough for you. In saying that we see you mention it s a great product and wish you many happy miles and in future when shopping for a bargain that you please visit your LBS and make nice things with them.

Jason 071 878 7992 | jason@bbtrading.co.za

I realise you are not agents for the components but all you had to do was speak to Ian from Cape Cycles to basically confirm the model of brakes and rotors and the fact that the brakes were indeed on the bike. They would have then sent up new rotors (to my nearest LBS) and pads if you did not have these. Unfortunately I find it unacceptable that after selling the bike you me you told me that it was 'my problem' (your words Jason) without even trying to assist me!

And before I paid for the bike you told me that if I had any problems I was more than welcome to bring the bike back to your workshop!

So then James,

All worked out in the end for you, Happy Trails....

I realise you are not agents for the components but all you had to do was speak to Ian from Cape Cycles to basically confirm the model of brakes and rotors and the fact that the brakes were indeed on the bike. They would have then sent up new rotors (to my nearest LBS) and pads if you did not have these. Unfortunately I find it unacceptable that after selling the bike you me you told me that it was 'my problem' (your words Jason) without even trying to assist me!

And before I paid for the bike you told me that if I had any problems I was more than welcome to bring the bike back to your workshop!