Armstrong considers lie detector test to prove innocence

shaper

American taxpayer $ yes

Yep fear is good motivation, contary to what the anti corporal punishment crowd think

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know exactly how many times LA has been tested?

Lots of times, more than you, i and the other hubbers put together :clap:

Mmm conspiracy theory. Did USADA have something on Hincappie and in return for his admission he admitted to seeing LA as well. Makes USDADA claim of not particularly targetting LA a bit wobbly.

Its like the druggy that buys his dope on the street corner, compared to a guy that arranges the dope for his mates and forces it upon other people - the druggy on the street corner doesnt concern the cops, its the other dude who is pushing the stuff, who interests the cops...

Surely LA did not introduce PED's into cycling. The peleton has been doped up way before his time.

He might have taken it to a new dimension... all speculation.

Surely LA did not introduce PED's into cycling. The peleton has been doped up way before his time.

Pretty much, yeah. LA and co took it to a new level. Its the most sophisticated widespread pervasive doping scandal ever uncovered. They spent millions of dollars on it

I finished Tyler's book and all the rest of the hype out there about this as well a all the angles and being an Armstrong fan (not sure if I am ex yet) I think you can confirm:

1.) Armstrong was a megalomaniac control junkie of note.

2.) His Doctors were the best of the best.

He approached it like a rock star CEO that everyone follows until he gets arrested for fraud in the billions of dollars. He is that sort fo personality. This is not a drug taking street kid. He is super shrewd and clever and in cycling he was head and shouulders above a mediocre bunch of sportsmen in the wya that he ran and executed postal. Its a study in management - I liken him to Michael Schumacher in this regard.

The balance come off as wanna be's, and bitter ones at that. Tylers life is a trash pile of lies, as are all of them (Landis, Heras, Miller and all the others). These are people with some serious mental instability issues that were just willing to go further to win than you or I ever would. They are all sickos. None of them stand out as having anything that would allow them to justify their blatant lying, not George Hincapie, not Andreu not Ekimov, as essentially they all allowed Armstrong to manipulate them to his purpose for the goal of winning and then later for their own personal glory. Cyclists at the level these guys are, are pretty nutty already.

This is not a cycling discusison - this is a discussion where the whole indutry has been involved in a huge lie and cover up, and we are saying "but they're not bad people". Crap. All of them knew exactly what they were doing and why. Let them now reap the whirlwind...

Yeah the perception has always been that LA does things to the nth degree

One of his strong points

Now what??????

Thats the safe answer, designed not to offend anyone

Could answer but it will spoil someone else commenting.

Unless the Hub is milder, it's like a red flag to a bull.

I finished Tyler's book and all the rest of the hype out there about this as well a all the angles and being an Armstrong fan (not sure if I am ex yet) I think you can confirm:

He approached it like a rock star CEO that everyone follows until he gets arrested for fraud in the billions of dollars. He is that sort fo personality. This is not a drug taking street kid. He is super shrewd and clever and in cycling he was head and shouulders above a mediocre bunch of sportsmen in the wya that he ran and executed postal. Its a study in management - I liken him to Michael Schumacher in this regard.

The balance come off as wanna be's, and bitter ones at that. Tylers life is a trash pile of lies, as are all of them (Landis, Heras, Miller and all the others). These are people with some serious mental instability issues that were just willing to go further to win than you or I ever would. They are all sickos. None of them stand out as having anything that would allow them to justify their blatant lying, not George Hincapie, not Andreu not Ekimov, as essentially they all allowed Armstrong to manipulate them to his purpose for the goal of winning and then later for their own personal glory. Cyclists at the level these guys are, are pretty nutty already.

This is not a cycling discusison - this is a discussion where the whole indutry has been involved in a huge lie and cover up, and we are saying "but they're not bad people". Crap. All of them knew exactly what they were doing and why. Let them now reap the whirlwind...

Well said!

You have to give credit where credit is due. Not saying what he did is acceptable, but he worked extremely hard on and of the bike to keep this ship afloat for nearly 2 decades.

LA, liar and cheat. Cheated to win races, cheated to sell books, cheated to raise money for cancer. Just wonder how many people died of cancer inspired by this cheating thug? Did he really have cancer himself? Probably not........

Nicely put, not least because i agree with you.

The other concept is "too big to fail" - many people from UCI to sponsors were invested in LA's story and persona & couldnt afford for this to happen. Thats why its taken such a long time to come out, imo. Similarities also to Jimmy Savile in the UK who was a "national treasure" and now uncovered as a rampant paedophile for the last 50-odd years before his death.

Despite our so called world class labour laws, CCMA is hardly an outpost of 1st world justice and fairness.

CCMA works and in all my dealings has been fair.

Did he really have cancer himself? Probably not........

Thats an interesting thought.

Edited by Tubeless

LA, liar and cheat. Cheated to win races, cheated to sell books, cheated to raise money for cancer.

Just wonder how many people died of cancer inspired by this cheating thug? Did he really have cancer himself? Probably not........

You work for the East Enders BBC production department do you?

Yeah well Tyler's reaping the royalties isn't he...

I refuse to support those cheats by buying their literature. Glad the info's out there but you can't NOT support what they did and then support them financially... :thumbdown:

Edited by GoLefty!!