Tokai - XC Build Day - 27th October

Hi all!

We are hosting an XC specific build day on 27th October! What does this mean? Well, it's self explanatory, really. We will be working on the sections of the mountain that are considered to be "Cross Country" in style, in order to get them up to spec. The actual site shall be decided on in the next week, as it depends on current levels of erosion and the status of the trails themselves. It is safe to assume, however, that the sections we will be working on are:

Boomslang (ruins) - Filling in erosion and adding a few features

Boulders - Maybe, although there's not much that is needed there

Faerie Garden

More may be worked on depending on numbers and how much we get done on the day.

Time?

1pm at the gate, as per the normal build day times.

What do we need? Cross country riders (and others, it doesn't matter who you are as long as you arrive) but XC riders who use the trails and want to put back in, and have an input on how the trails are designed / maintained.

What do you need to bring? Spades. Bush Saw. Axe. If you have a hoe, bring her along as well. The more tools the better.

Why do we want you?

Well, seeing as we will be working on the Cross Country trails, we want cross country riders to pull in and build. If you're not an "XC" rider and want to come along anyway, SCHWEEET! But seeing as this is an XC build, on XC trails, we thought that XC riders should be there to put back in.

So - MTBSurfer and all others, are you in!?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

I'm in. In fact I'm off to go spec some trails on my xc bike right now.

Cool post cap! I'm in.. OM, report your findings, we can reach concensus from the others where they would like to work based on what you see.

I do have one suggestion, Puffadder needs a whole new trail, preferably one that switches for a good climb.

I'm in. In fact I'm off to go spec some trails on my xc bike right now.

You have an XC bike? Wow, didn't expect that. What is it? A Morewood Makulu? ;)

(I'll be there and bring at least one extra pair of hands along)

Giant Reign X, lucky lucky b * s t a r d

Edited by Pain or Shine

Open to suggestions.. Want more flow, technical features, switching climbs even? What changes have you wished for - on the day you have a say.

Cast your vote on the trail needing the most loving!

Guest Omega Man

Hey,

I will be there, for sure.

But only at about 2pm. Gotta work in the morning, and will head over to Tokai, straight after work.

Markus

If I can make a suggestion come up with your bike. lend a hand and then ride down. so you can combine the 2.

Guest Omega Man

Open to suggestions.. Want more flow, technical features, switching climbs even? What changes have you wished for - on the day you have a say.

Cast your vote on the trail needing the most loving!

It's gonna rain this week so hopefully it will still be a little damp next weekend. If we work on puff adder we should try extend it a bit. maybe more switchbacky.

Guest Omega Man

It's a reign x. Very nice. climbs better than my mbuzi did and descends like the mbuzi but is a little less twitchy and bucky. I spose that's to be expected seeing as the mbuzi is a single pivot.

Guest Omega Man

Looks like there only 4 or 5 XC riders in the whole of CT :whistling:

Ha. Sloooowly catch the monkey bru. This build day is about creating awareness and hopefully a little momentum.

People don't understand that precisely zero of their ronts paid over to sanparks make their way back into the trails. That money goes towards other Sanparks projects so if we want good trails we have to make them happen. Deon is doing sterling work up there but he can use all the support and help he can. That's really what these days are about.

So all of you guys thinking about coming along please do. there's no better feeling than railing a berm you built.

Hey guys,

I would love to help, I always think while riding the single tracks that it must take alot of work to maintain and we all take it for granted. Having said that I just need to see what my other half has planned fot that day. If I can't make it I would love to help out in the future.

Lylo

Hey guys,

I would love to help, I always think while riding the single tracks that it must take alot of work to maintain and we all take it for granted. Having said that I just need to see what my other half has planned fot that day. If I can't make it I would love to help out in the future.

Lylo

Bring her along. A fun day out in the woods. You can pack a picnic basket and the lot.