The MTN OFM Classic

Agteros

just a pity about the idiocy of having 2 events at the same venue at the same time and having people walk all the way around the stadium after finishing a 107k event!!!!!

o ja and having to pay 90 buck for a crap t-shirt!!!!!!!!

Are you for real!!?? You cycle 107kms then balk at having to ride an extra 100m round the stadium! ROTFL! I'm gobsmacked! The finish was excellent! I also enjoyed the 6km ride back to where I was staying.

I didn't buy the T-shirt. I reckon they're a cr@p idea - meant for noobies and tourists...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you for real!!?? You cycle 107kms then balk at having to ride an extra 100m round the stadium! ROTFL! I'm gobsmacked! The finish was excellent! I also enjoyed the 6km ride back to where I was staying.

I didn't buy the T-shirt. I reckon they're a cr@p idea - meant for noobies and tourists...

Yes i am FOR REAL. its not about walking an extra 100m it's about being messed around by IDIOT's in bloem celtic supporter shirts. The OFM marshalls tell you to walk this way and the moffie rugby marshalls tell you to walk that way.

Just a quick word to the VB's. I was the Marshals for the day and THANKS GUYS, you made my job very easy with the way you rode. We were only 14 Marshals as requested by the race organiser, and frankly, we could have easily been double that on some sections. It is not easy trying to stay in front and then getting hassled from the back by traffic. Much easier when we have a lead and sweep.

The discipline though amongst the group was a pleasure.

Good to hear thanks for the ecort and keeping us safe. I also only remember you asking once that everybody must move left for traffic to pass when we went past the golfcourses.

Only time I was nervous was negotiating the Chevron plates on the N1 that was not in a perfect line and was catching people out every now and then.

Yes i am FOR REAL. its not about walking an extra 100m it's about being messed around by IDIOT's in bloem celtic supporter shirts. The OFM marshalls tell you to walk this way and the moffie rugby marshalls tell you to walk that way.

lol, Celtic is soccer. you must have been drunk.

Good to hear thanks for the ecort and keeping us safe. I also only remember you asking once that everybody must move left for traffic to pass when we went past the golfcourses.

Only time I was nervous was negotiating the Chevron plates on the N1 that was not in a perfect line and was catching people out every now and then.

Funny you mention that, was a bugger for me too. I am also a "VET" in fact I am the longest serving Marshal and Founder Marshal of the Think Bike Marshals and was Head marshal until recently. I usually ask for Vets groups as I am known and a lot of guys know my MO. I am happy for guys to race as long as it is safe and as long as the game is played when I call go left. look for the thread in chit Chat about Marshaling and post a comment. Cheers.

Have a tough ride, did we? If you'd stayed on the bike you wouldn't have confused them!

Edited by jmaccelari