The MTN OFM Classic

Agteros

Will be my first OFM. Was invited by friends to come and visit Bloem and do the OFM. Two months ago I had high hopes to come into the race fairly fit and use it as a building platform for the 94.7. But in the meantime life happened and reality bit me. So I will have a week worth of training (if that much) going to the OFM next week. So it will be hang on for as long as I can and then just finish it.

So . P.A.K you might just see me near the end with grinding teeth.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone looking for a lift from Joburg or got space going free for this weekend? I'm not so keen to drive all the way by myself.

See the weather does not look good at all.Good chance of rain but no one can predict the weather, so lets hope for the best!!

See the weather does not look good at all.Good chance of rain but no one can predict the weather, so lets hope for the best!!

Will definitely be using my mtb on the road!

Ry jy road en mtb?

Ry jy road en mtb?

Sou graag altwee weer die jaar wou ry maar gaan fokus op die pad om my Argus seeding te probeer verbeter.Jy?

blink.png

Ja nee kyk!!!eek.gif The way the wind is blowing the last month, it wont surprise me at all if we have a killer wind from the word go.And if it rains it's going to be very chilly.

Ja nee kyk!!!eek.gif The way the wind is blowing the last month, it wont surprise me at all if we have a killer wind from the word go.And if it rains it's going to be very chilly.

You suggesting arm warmers?

now that sucks, worst day is the sunday

Look at it this way, there's a 50% chance that, at some point between 6:00 and 12:00, somewhere in the Bloemfontein area, there will be between 0 and 10mm of rain. Or, in other words, there's a 50% chance that there will no rain anywhere in Bloem in the morning.

I wouldn't be worried about rain. The wind looks daunting, though.

Seedings should be out next Tuesday, received my seeding for Jacaranda also only last Tuesday.

Seedings available yet?

Seeing as this is only my second road race, how does it compare to the 94.7? Did a 4:15 on the 94.7 last year (on mtb), will be using the same bike...

Seedings available yet?

Seeing as this is only my second road race, how does it compare to the 94.7? Did a 4:15 on the 94.7 last year (on mtb), will be using the same bike...

I have not received anything yet.If you have the same fitness you can expect anything under 4hours

Wind is giving it a fair go today, but I wouldn't worry about the rain, looks like the predictions are for thunderstorms and those usually happen in the afternoon.

Doing both mtb and road again this year, but I haven't been on a bike for 3 weeks, so it is going to hurt and will have to pace carefully on Saturday. For Sunday I might just sacrifice myself at the front as long as possible and TT it in.

I have not received anything yet.If you have the same fitness you can expect anything under 4hours

THanks! I'd like to believe i'm in better shape- but then again i'd also like to think i'm the answer to the "help a lady" threadclap.gif

Seriously wondering if it is worth the effort to drive down......Bloemies is far and need accomodation for Saterday and mrs needs to organise to get off early from work in order to TRY and make number pickup.

So maybe too much of a drag.......

Same here! entered but not going..