[Event] Olympic Footwear 24 Hour

Wendell

What a fantastic time overall, those were some trying conditions. Will admit, lost my sense of humor out there once or twice, it is what it is though. Was great to see everyone out there, Wendell and co did a fantastic job, hot water, a running wash bay and good coffee.

Scotty you rode like a machine man, well done.

Taking a friend to movies later, hoping my snoring isn't too loud.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was hectic! Very chuffed that my bike never missed a beat. I can feel the workout in my upper body.. Time for a new leakproof tent.. That Illy coffee was magic...

Broke a chain, a rib and called it quits when it got dark. Struggled in the mud. Was riding solo and on my own as far as support went struggled to keep the bike going with the mud.

I loved it but feel like I totally failed on this one.

So far this year had a wet ride to the Shova, a very muddy Berg and Bush and now a mud feat at the vlei. A bit tired of mud and rain

Well done to Wendell and crew. It was a great event. I'll be back

What a fantastic time overall, those were some trying conditions. Will admit, lost my sense of humor out there once or twice, it is what it is though. Was great to see everyone out there, Wendell and co did a fantastic job, hot water, a running wash bay and good coffee.

You did? I never noticed mate!

Well done to all the guys and girls who rode, it was not easy out there. Lots of laughs I must say.

Wendel, Maya, Dave, Ken, Lee, Sheldon, Yafta, Monique and all the rest involved with the event, a big WELL DONE!

A broken machine laugh.png Nice chatting to you again,your team was posting some incredibly crazy lap times.

Congrats on taking overall club win.

Thanks, was a genuine "social" team (ride when you want to, not when you have to), but things changed when the rain started falling last night.

Other teams stopped riding before 9pm, so we decided to carry on.

By 2am this morning we had a lead of 3 laps which was easy to defend between 5am and the finish.

Broke a chain, a rib and called it quits when it got dark. Struggled in the mud. Was riding solo and on my own as far as support went struggled to keep the bike going with the mud.

I loved it but feel like I totally failed on this one.

So far this year had a wet ride to the Shova, a very muddy Berg and Bush and now a mud feat at the vlei. A bit tired of mud and rain

Well done to Wendell and crew. It was a great event. I'll be back

You were going incredibly well Martin, hope you heal up ok. Handlebar mark looked nasty!

You did? I never noticed mate!

Well done to all the guys and girls who rode, it was not easy out there. Lots of laughs I must say.

Wendel, Maya, Dave, Ken, Lee, Sheldon, Yafta, Monique and all the rest involved with the event, a big WELL DONE!

You were lucky you didn't see me at 3am in the forest! nuke.gif

A broken machine laugh.png Nice chatting to you again,your team was posting some incredibly crazy lap times.

biggrin.png weren't we all!

Likewise man. Cheers, we had a lot of work on our hands after all the mechanicals. eek.gif

Well done to racers and organisers alike, especially under the conditions..... clap.gif clap.gif .......never ridden in so much mud before so was definately a different experience w00t.gif

Awesome weekend, great vibe throughout the camp and some challenging riding! Broke my hanger but luckily I could get it fixed... Don't think my bike will ever be the same! But well worth it for a great experience... well done to you all!

post-15722-0-41756500-1353918206_thumb.jpg

howzit guys

thanx for a great weekend. was an awesome weekend had a lot of fun.

managed to leave my helmet at the wash station if anyone picked it up please could you PM me

it is a Black and red Giro Atmos with a RSA flag and J Meyer on the right back edge. please keep an eye out for it.

A different way of handing over to your Team Mate...

And camp site of the weekend goes to.....

post-388-0-22517200-1353919971_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-75026100-1353919996_thumb.jpg