I love this stripper......

MuddyMike

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great idea to blast ALU and an acid bath nuke.gif ....eina....Hydrogen Embrittlement nuke.gif = weak spots eek.gif . There are so many different paint systems out there and each reacts differently. I will send you some and let us know if it works. if it works you wont be needing hours or steelwool! Send me your number.

haha! sadly your sample is over a year too late. And not planning on stripping another bike anytime soon. Next time I'll just send them to Morewood for paintwork. They strip, prep, powdercoat, decal and clearcoat for 1000 ZARs

Bwahahaha.......Sorry Sidewinder!

Its a new striper from Plascon called RemovALL. Waterbased, safe, eco friendly and the best part is the only tools you need is a paintbrush to apply and a hose to wash it off. NO SCRAPER or SANDPAPER needed! Its available anywhere you can buy Plascon.

this one?

http://www.plascon.c...11&ProductID=90

http://www.plascon.co.za/packshots/all-purpose-paint-remover.jpg

Edited by rock

I bought some today, but think I bought the wrong kind. My frame just sat there laughing at it. Do I buy the dipping grade or the high performance coating remover? The gel/brush grade is what I bought.

Would this be safe to use on a carbon frame, Scott Spark 30?

Yes, but the only difference is that you must not leave it on longer than nessescary. So I wouldn't leave it on overnight. It depends on the resin technology used in the frame. It's definitely way safer than std type strippers.

I wouldnt do that!!!! eek.gif

I bought some today, but think I bought the wrong kind. My frame just sat there laughing at it. Do I buy the dipping grade or the high performance coating remover? The gel/brush grade is what I bought.

The gel / brush is the right one (all purpose or high performance, both work fine). How long did you leave it on for. Apply as per directions and leave it on overnight. It not like the conventional strippers which react fast. This one works slow and when done you just rinse it off. Minimal work. Let me know if you have any hassles.

Bought that same one today R89.00 at my local Mica. Now to strip my old alu Fuji and turn it into a Frankenbike of some sort

How did the stripping go?

The gel / brush is the right one (all purpose or high performance, both work fine). How long did you leave it on for. Apply as per directions and leave it on overnight. It not like the conventional strippers which react fast. This one works slow and when done you just rinse it off. Minimal work. Let me know if you have any hassles.

LOL. Ok will try that, I was just being far too impatient. I was expecting it to behave like nitromors. I should have suspected something was up when I spilt some on my arm and it didn't burn a hole through my skin.

where the pics of these stripped frames?......will start my project this week I think....