AfterShokz Sport Bone Conduction Headphones

bikekid

Best sports earphones are sennheiser's cx680 adidas range. Those things are bulletproof, great sounding and sweat resistent.

Bose's earphones are however the most comfortable earphones EVER and they sound just as good with a tad more bass. And they never fall out, (we are never, ever, getting back together) like ever.

Heres the load down:

Budget - sennheiser cx 300 - R350

Outdoor crazy - sennheiser cx 680e - R650

Rich who loves comfort - bose ime2 - R900

Edited by wheelerdealer

I saw some of these bone tech ones about 10 years back for around R2.5k, so they have gone down a lot. Would love to test some in a shop though.

Why would you want to wear earphones while cycling? Could you putting yourself at a disadvantage not being aware of your surroundings. If you have wear earphones their are sport specific earphones on the market now which transmit through your tympanic bone infront of your ear allowing you to hear your surroundings. They also retail under R1000. I think Cylcleab have them. AFAIK earphones are not allowed in races unless you are talking to your team manager in team car.

Edited by MCipollini

I have the Bose IE2's and absolutely love them!

http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/148/bose-ie2.23974036.jpg

Why would you want to wear earphones while cycling?

This applies to district roads on the mtb; you not at much risk with them and I only use them as a distraction when doing intervals, 300W for 30min can get a bit painful.

I wear head phones too, but left ear only and low volume. It lets me hear the announcements from cyclemeter.

I would say the wind noise over my ears drowns out the traffic more than any headphone.

I do dislike having headphones over both ears because then I really can't hear my surroundings. I think these bone type ones would be great though.