Unhappy: Run-around from Omnico

Wazza_pe

I know that Easton wheels are acoustically tuned if the factory before they are sold so it might be possible omnico have to use the same tuning process being the agents. That could explain sending the wheels to them but not the long waits in between.

I know that Easton wheels are acoustically tuned if the factory before they are sold

So they have a blind man sitting on a crafted wooden bench, carefully listening for the sounds of heaven while plucking each spoke?

So they have a blind man sitting on a crafted wooden bench, carefully listening for the sounds of heaven while plucking each spoke?

In a room with walls plastered in old egg crates.

haha probably! My Easton Havens make a rad sound when you pluck the spokes. Maybe I should buy a guitar tuner and tighten them all to a C note

I know that Easton wheels are acoustically tuned if the factory before they are sold so it might be possible omnico have to use the same tuning process being the agents. That could explain sending the wheels to them but not the long waits in between.

Bullshyte sales rethoric. Everybody knows you should use a tensiometer and not play the tyre lyre

Bullshyte sales rethoric. Everybody knows you should use a tensiometer and not play the tyre lyre

Ja nee Oom.

There was an episode of Jeremy Powers (US CX star) "Behind the barriers" last year where he visits one of his sponsors factories (might have been Easton) where the final stage of wheel building is 'tuning' the wheels acoustically, ie checking tension by the resonant frequency emitted. It was more a case of finding ones out of 'tune', using a mic pickup and headphones. Totally reasonable way of checking tension: think of tuning a guitar.

Edited by kosmonooit

And about servicing Lefties, you need a few special tools (all of which can be sourced on ebay) and more importantly some base mechanical/workshop skills, that is what is in fact missing with most bike eggspurts.

UPDATE:

I guess thanks to The Hub, my problem was resolved by Omnico's Marketing Manager, who saw this thread.

He pm'd me for details, looked into it, and I guess 'lit a fire' under somebody's butt, because 2 days later, it is all fixed and in my possession (finally).

It was pretty disappointing to wait 5 weeks for a simple wheel repair, and get the total run-around, but thanks to the intervention of their Marketing Manager, my faith is somewhat restored. Glad to know that there are people there who want to help and get problems/issues resolved.

thumbup1.gif - Rudolf

Its good to hear that Omnico was quick to sort it out.

But why did they wheels disappear in the first place?

And why couldn't the LBS get some action. That's not so great on their part...

Its good to hear that Omnico was quick to sort it out.

But why did they wheels disappear in the first place?

And why couldn't the LBS get some action. That's not so great on their part...

I'm not sure how, but the wheel got 'lost' somewhere between Omnico and Cape Cycle Systems (don't quite understand how they even got involved in this). I'm assuming the LBS was communicating with the rep who they deal with, and he just couldn't give them direct answers everytime they called to inquire.

blink.png I suppose as long as they realize, and take into account, that the nipple, hub and rim will have an influence on the spokes resonating properties it's all good...

I have had just the opposite (positive) experience from Omnico! I have a Ryder Razor 17 function cycle computer on my MTB that I use for commuting to work and back home. A week or two ago the computer just died on me. I replaced the battery (after all, it was about 3 years old and probably due for replacement!) and it was up and running again in no time. I however lost my user manual, and wasn't very sure about setting it up again. I e-mailed them, and in no time they sent me an electronic version of the manual. But, it seems that the computer itself was faulty, because a day or two after I replaced the battery, it died again. I "fiddled" with the unit and it switches of, and then on again. It has some kind of intermittent connection problem. I e-mailed them again, and in no time my cycle computer was replaced! A big thanks to Tim Carver for his assitance! Realy excellent customer service!