Why Amla plays cricket....

Eldron

I think there are many who expected Amla to fail as an international cricketer.

He's technique is one the purists will frown upon, but he's made it work for him in all conditions/against all opposition.

His choices are his - respect that.!

I don't think he imposes his choices upon anybody else.

No doubt the sponsor is adequately supported by others. LOL :)

No doubt the sponsor is adequately supported by others. LOL smile.png

Hey, I even do my bit to support the sponsor.! LOL

I fully support his decision not to play with the sponsor logo on his shirt. I really respect SAB for not making a fuss over it.

I dont drink for personal belief reasons and know some of the pressures that are brought to bare even at a private level. How this was handled by both Amla and SAB deserves recognition and praise.

I think there are many who expected Amla to fail as an international cricketer.

He's technique is one the purists will frown upon, but he's made it work for him in all conditions/against all opposition.

His choices are his - respect that.!

I don't think he imposes his choices upon anybody else.

No doubt the sponsor is adequately supported by others. LOL smile.png

I agree - I recall quite a big fuss in the papers when the issue first arose but the fuss was from others not him. He has a principal which he stuck to but he has never made a song and dance about it. Also have you ever noticed that he is not in foto's when the team are spraying champaigne? no - well thats because again he just quietly slips away at that moment and then joins his team mates in celebrations again afterwards.

Really the epitimy of people of different backsrounds and beliefs respecting each others differences but celbrating and enjoying what they have in common. When handled with maturity it really is no big deal.

You should see how many of the SA team (and retirees) cycles hey. I saw it on TV once and was pretty impressed.

I believe Joel Stransky is a fantastic cyclist

So I suppose you missed the bit about it actually being the smart man's kamp staaldraad. All organised by Mike Horn(if you don't know who he is, then don't bother), and given HUGE credit for the way the team performed in England.

Whats with the aggression?

Didnt miss anything and think those type of things are great but much like their footballing skills they looked a bit out of sorts on bikes - not dissing the proteas

I believe Joel Stransky is a fantastic cyclist

Yeah, he's a brand ambassador for ABSA at every Cape Epic over the last few years.

Yeah, he's a brand ambassador for ABSA at every Cape Epic over the last few years.

He passed me while doing his 2nd lap at 94.7 a fews back ....