In or out

Joe Low

I see you are in Cape Town. If those Bianchi's also had Shimano on, I'd start looking at a Hubber with the name starting with a T... thumbup1.gif

and ends with "ankman"? seriously, are pumps also frowned upon?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheeesh.....you okes need to stop worrying about whatever everyone else's $h!t looks like and focus more on enjoying yourself on your own bike

The most important thing about road riding is how you look on the bike and of course how your bike looks. Fact. Sometimes I just ride straight to the coffee shop just to pose. I hate getting dirty and sweaty before hand. Ruins my euro-pro image that I have of myself.

and ends with "ankman"? seriously, are pumps also frowned upon?

Maybe the Bianchi's were bought at 'somewhere' in Belville and they went to a Sportsman's after to buy those things. Dont think T would do that.

Btw T & co sells really cool neoprene waterbottle type holders with a zip you can put your stuff in and shove it in your water bottle holder or backpocket.

Hi - I'm not a big one for everything being a certain way, I've got Shimano on my Da Rosa, I dont have a peak on my mtb helmet - I'm not too fussy.

But this??? This??? Tell me its not a crime worse than socks and sandals; or tell us what you've seen that's worse.

Okay style errors:

yellow value caps. Dude your chuck those.

Hollard water bottle.

White bar tape.

Tyres matching the frame and not the bar tape.

Fuggly bars- possible indicator we are dealing with a triathlete here.

Polar watch attached to fuggy bars- probably a triathelete.

Excessive amount of spacers under the bars- definitely a triathlete.

Best you can do is to ride away as fast as possible, before you get triathelete cooties and start rolling up your cycling shorts and wearing onepeice trisuits.

Edited by Witkop

Uhm...have a rookie questionwacko.png - if saddle bags are "uncool" (especially on Italian bikes) where do you keep a spare tyre? Back pocket? or is taping it to your seat post ok?

Sheesh...newbies!

post-1099-0-23137600-1352143625_thumb.jpg

Pic taken after a puncture in our group on Atlas Road Saturday a.m.

Classic italian bike, horrible, horrible bars esp with the branding & the white tape.

Uber-fugly, but functional, I guess.

......and here I thought it was the crap wheels that drew objection...

I got bar-ends on my risers - is that still upsetting to people?

Not at all, but I think those that keep looking for a better hand position on their bar-endless risers might be a tad jealous.

I saw a Cervelo P2/3 at Durbanville High funride that had drop bars on. To top it all I saw so about 3 Bianchi Infinito's with mini pumps, saddlebags and those bags to put on your top tube. I wanna get hold of the salesman that sold those bikes with those accessories.

Who ever the salesman is , 'you got skillz'! Teach me your ways so I can convince my wife there are certain things that I really need that are essential to my cycling.