EPO as a recreational cyclist

Dirtbreath

I am no expert on the topic by any means, But....What is the difference between a double espresso, Redbull, USN Epic Pro, Monster Energy, Sure2Undure, Zol, EPO?

Sure2Endure and ZOL are the Only Natural ones

Zol and EPO are the Only Illegal ones

ALL of them are Performance enhancing (except maybe Zol)

I have heard using USN products for extended Periods is also harmful to your body, so is EPO, and drinking to many energy drinks

So Whats the difference and where do you Stop and this Slippery Slop of Supplements?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EPO / growth/ roids can only really make a marked difference if you are trained to your physiological and genetic ceiling. It really helps to lift you the last x percent. If you sit and watch supercycling and drinking Coke you can inject as much as you like of all of them - you will remain fat and unfit. NO use for the back of the packer!

EPO is a bad example!

I trun 40 this week and would love to take Growth Hormone ( The drug of the call fountain of youth) for longevity - my believe it is like the new salusa 45 - just work a hell of a lot better from lubricating your joint to getting better eye sight and hearing. But I also do sport for health reason / longevity and am subjected to been test so - I don't! Is this also right? Surely if something is going to keep you healthy and maybe even keep you living for longer it should not be banned - or made legal to a certain limit or legal after a certain age?

Good Point and Well put.

I am 37 and have two kids (3 and 1) and wish i had more energy at the end of the week to spend with them. "Fountain of Youth" ?!?!?!

Side-Effects of Erythropoietin

There is are major side-effects of using erythropoietin which have proven to be fatal in previous cases:

• Increased viscosity (thickness) of the blood (which increases the risk of heart attack and stroke)
  • Fever
  • Seizures (fits)
  • Nausea
  • Headache
  • Anxiety
  • Legarthy

I am no expert on the topic by any means, But....What is the difference between a double espresso, Redbull, USN Epic Pro, Monster Energy, Sure2Undure, Zol, EPO?

I have heard using USN products for extended Periods is also harmful to your body, so is EPO, and drinking to many energy drinks

So Whats the difference and where do you Stop and this Slippery Slop of Supplements?

You cannot be serious. Epic Pro is essentially a concoction of carbs, protein and free amino acids. EPO is a hormone used to stimulate red blood cell production. I currently take Epic Pro during races and I have NEVER even considered taking EPO. Red Bull is full of stimulants but is still not comparable to EPO or steroids.

If you really can't answer that yourself then go online and read which are banned. A whole lot of clever folk in white coats have done all the hard work for you.

And don't get caught by the "it's natural" thing. Opium, nicotine, zol, cocaine, are all natural and catastrophic for your health.

Take what you want but don't equate vitamins and concentrated foods with EPO or drugs.

It's not a slippery slope.

Laws are there to help confused or otherwise incompetent people in making what amounts to very simple choices.

Edited by TZmtb

Good Point and Well put.

I am 37 and have two kids (3 and 1) and wish i had more energy at the end of the week to spend with them. "Fountain of Youth" ?!?!?!

As you age your natural level of GH drops. If yours is tested low I would have no medical issues with "topping you up". Putting 40y olds against 49y olds is biochemically unfair, BUT these are the rules of engagement, and until they change it is cheating if you enter organised rides. Use it, train with your buddies and live better and longer!

Good Point and Well put.

the billion dollar question is, if you find the elixer of life, how do you fund life after "mandatory retirement at 65"? Knowing you'll live to 120 or beyond changes your whole approach to life as everything is gear to a twoscore (and ten) limit

Side-Effects of Erythropoietin

There is are major side-effects of using erythropoietin which have proven to be fatal in previous cases:

• Increased viscosity (thickness) of the blood (which increases the risk of heart attack and stroke)
  • Fever
  • Seizures (fits)
  • Nausea
  • Headache
  • Anxiety
  • Legarthy

Erythropoietin is a natural substance occurring in your body and is required for red blood cell production.. it is not fatal! The absence of it will be fatal. Like everything else it can have some nasty side-effect (above)...

gonna sleep now... getting too pedantic

Edited by robox

Erythropoietin is a natural substance occurring in your body and is required for red blood cell production.. it is not fatal! The absence of it will be fatal.

The wrong amount of it can be fatal.

The wrong amount of it can be fatal.

true, just like sugar, water, alcohol too much is fatal. But then if you take the stuff yourself... maybe you deserve what you do to yourself?

As you age your natural level of GH drops. If yours is tested low I would have no medical issues with "topping you up". Putting 40y olds against 49y olds is biochemically unfair, BUT these are the rules of engagement, and until they change it is cheating if you enter organised rides. Use it, train with your buddies and live better and longer!

I agree. Chasing, and using, the elixir of life puts you in a new category of human. Fair to compete against "mere mortals"? I think not.

As medical knowledge and medicine advances, where will the lines be drawn? Surely a long living, super-healthy population on HGH etc would expect their idols (sport, etc) to be even better at that than what they are (just like we expect of our sporting idols)?

What will be defined as human, or normal/within range in a situation like that?

So who is going to prescribe HGH for me?

There is this other thread "I doped" ...

In there is the name of a place/person. You'd most probably be able to claim (some of) it from medical aid...

In there is a link explaining the benefits of 'stuff' ...

whistling.gif

For tomorrow

Maybe I should start a new thread:

HGH - Wada, Sa intitute of drug free sport - why can I not use it - I turn 40 this week?

Is this a worth while debate?

If you have a TUE for something you can go ahead and use it. But just getting older is probably not going to get you a TUE.. because everybody is getting older and if they hand them out for that then they'd have to basically take it off the list :/

Edited by Lucky Luke.