not your everyday weight loss problem HELP

DIPSLICK

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'll say it again = 4300 kJ is 1,027 kCal. You're under-eating, dude. You can only survive on a calorie deficit that big for so long. Your body is hanging on to every morsel it can get hold of

You're only having 1,027 Calories PER DAY!!!

Still doesnt sound right to me

I dont think you will even have energy to do anything on 1000 calories per day, its less than a third of what you need!!

How are you counting the calories?

That's the small unit of calories. 1 Calorie = 1,000 calories. Therefore 1kcal = 1 Calorie.

Effectively it's americanisms and stoopid ppl stuffing up the standards again.

1 Calorie is 4.3kJ

Correct!

A average man needs 2,500 calories per day and a woman 2,000 to maintain. Obviously more when racing/exercising.

I dont think you will even have energy to do anything on 1000 calories per day, its less than a third of what you need!!

when i get home i will pm you the full diet, cause i am now sounding like a tool with my wife giving me the wrong info,

and i sound like i dont have a clue of what is going in to my system

That's what I mean. His dietician is counting them for him.

You can't reliably exercise and expect to eat just 1,000 Calories per day and lose weight. Your body will hang on to anything it can get, and will store it. You need to eat properly, and not just expect your calorie deficit to make up the miles.

1000Cal a day? How are you still standing?

Correct!

I just gave the chemistry definition of calorie and Calorie... But yes, as I said 1Cal = 4.3kJ

Knowing the calorie content of foods can be a useful tool when it comes to achieving or maintaining a healthy weight. It can help us to keep track of the amount of energy we are eating and drinking, and ensure we're not consuming too much.

The calorie content of many foods is stated on the packaging in the nutrition label, which you will often find on the back or side of the packaging. This information will appear under the ‘Energy’ heading. The calorie content is often given in kcals, which is short for 'kilocalories', and also in kJ, which is short for kilojoules.

A ‘kilocalorie’ is another word for what is commonly called a ‘calorie’, so 1,000 calories will be written as 1,000kcals.

Kilojoules are the metric measurement of calories. To find the energy content in kilojoules, multiply the calorie figure by 4.18.

The label will usually tell you how many calories are contained in 100 grams or 100ml of the food or drink, so you can compare the calorie content of different products. Many labels will also state the number of calories in 'one portion' of the food. But remember that the manufacturer’s idea of 'one portion' may not be the same as yours, so there could be more calories in the portion you serve yourself.

You can use the calorie information to assess how a particular food fits into your daily calorie intake. As a guide, the average mans needs 2,500 calories to maintain his weight, and the average woman needs 2,000.

when i get home i will pm you the full diet, cause i am now sounding like a tool with my wife giving me the wrong info,

and i sound like i dont have a clue of what is going in to my system

Nought dude, don't worry bout tat... you were trusting a dietician to give you a diet with a calorie deficit, knowing that it wouldn't work in the long run. You would eventually plateau because your body would start hanging on to every little bit of nutrition it could get.

At the Sports Institute the dietitian told me I wasn't eating enough carbo's for the amount of exercise I was doing and when increasing it I actually lost weight.

So not as simple as calorie in calorie out as some people make it.

If you’re gaining weight, it usually means you’ve been regularly eating and drinking more calories than you've been using through normal bodily functions and physical activity.

To lose weight you have to tip that balance in the other direction. You must start to use more energy than you consume, and do this over a sustained period of time.