Double century

chucky

Looking nice What do i have to do to get on your team.

Will be my first, looking forward to it but a bit scared about the distance.

Will be looking for sub 7 and next year hopefully get a team to do around 6 hours.

Most of us on the team belong to the club...

Will be my first as well, and I'm rather nervous for the distance as well considering I'm riding with the "A" team.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life

Just received my kit!clap.gif

What?

With Helmut and all?

Vodacom supporter but riding for one the Competitors.

Not that new is it? Looks like the same one in your profile pic.whistling.gif

Haha, they were a bit lazy in the design department, like a Porsche 911.wink.png

Main difference is fabric and that little "DC - 2012" on the top right. As reference, here's thee olde.

post-35204-0-97392300-1353609728_thumb.jpg

Better bring your rain jackets ppl. Weather predicts rainfall from 06:00 @ 61% till 09:00 and then again from 12:00 - 15:00 @ 51%. Wind @13 - 19km/h sw. Max temp of 18deg. Knowing the weather, this could change.

Better bring your rain jackets ppl. Weather predicts rainfall from 06:00 @ 61% till 09:00 and then again from 12:00 - 15:00 @ 51%. Wind @13 - 19km/h sw. Max temp of 18deg. Knowing the weather, this could change.

61% of 1.3mm, wow, we are going to get soaked!

post-35786-0-24456800-1353651249_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-52585800-1353651250_thumb.jpg

DC portage section - see pic below.

(picture from/by DennisL; this morning; 37km cycling round trip from Swellies; plus it seems that we might have full-road-closure on this section of the road)

post-3456-0-50667900-1353653215_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeterM

Barely looks rideable on a mtb

Wrt to rain, I'm over that trained for DC rain or shine. I'm too flippen excited to let the rain get me down

Excited for my biathlon tomorrow.

Is a triathlon in progress with the rain fall expected..... awesome!!!

Barely looks rideable on a mtb

Wrt to rain, I'm over that trained for DC rain or shine. I'm too flippen excited to let the rain get me down

Not sure - but "our" portage might be to the right, behind the bushes (there is a dam and a farm road)

Demonstrating farm workers, road washed away, tea-break in Aston, rain & wind, cold weather, portage, possibility of R60 road closure, limited support (via vehicles), free filled-up water bottles on top of the two mountain-tops, etc, etc – all set for a very exciting DC race. One for the Memory-book!

Not sure - but "our" portage might be to the right, behind the bushes (there is a dam and a farm road)

At briefing Thurs night they did mention that yes. It was also mentioned that it be chaos with imagine lotsa teams coming thru this point.... cramps pulling stiff etc. worse case you fall into this dam

At briefing Thurs night they did mention that yes. It was also mentioned that it be chaos with imagine lotsa teams coming thru this point.... cramps pulling stiff etc. worse case you fall into this dam

Everybody doing a quick shoe change.

Edited by Let's Ride