Chris Kings for rear Evo II's for front?

ramsew

would there be an issue with performance if I used a Chris King Hub for rear (quick engagement) and hope Evo for front (cheaper)?

Why not CK's front and back, or Hopes front and back? why you want to mix? if it's price, wait a week or 2, or a month, safe the money and make it looooooook nicer.

G

Why not CK's front and back, or Hopes front and back? why you want to mix? if it's price, wait a week or 2, or a month, safe the money and make it looooooook nicer.

G

I'm looking for quicker engagement than my existing Hopes, yes it is price would rather save where I can and spend on something else like a reverb stealth dropper post

Are you doing trials on your bike? If not, then is the quicker engagement really that big a deal?

If it is, then I'd either go for the Trizoids, or fork out for the matching Chris King hub.

Cos non matchy hubs are like bar ends... not cool!

would there be an issue with performance if I used a Chris King Hub for rear (quick engagement) and hope Evo for front (cheaper)?

It makes perfect sense. Nothing wrong with mix and match. And of course, there is no performance issue. The bike just sees hub. Bikes are kinda dumb in that way.

Are you doing trials on your bike? If not, then is the quicker engagement really that big a deal?

If it is, then I'd either go for the Trizoids, or fork out for the matching Chris King hub.

Cos non matchy hubs are like bar ends... not cool!

no not doing trials, I thought a quicker engagement hub helped with technical rocky terrain? - happy to look like a plonker having mismatched hubs...

ah. Just rear hub. Go for the Trizoid. Crow has them on his Ibis, which I'm riding on at the moment. Super smooth, and 120 points of engagement.

wot you mean he's loaned you the Mojo!!! thumbup1.gif

Um... guilty of running this setup on my single speed!!!!! Had no hassles - Use the Hope front because of its ability to run quick release and 15mm with adaptors.... Often move my wheels around, so useful!