Frustrated!

Newest

Ok guys, here goes my story.

Episode 1

27 Oct - had a good strong race. Very happy with my achievement!!clap.gif

29th Oct - woke up with sever body aches. Thought I was just tired from training/racing, went to work where things got progressively worse. Ended up going to the GP and was diagnosed with a middle ear infection. 10 days antibiotics, no training (per Dr’s orders)thumbdown.gif

Episode 2

7th Nov (Wednesday) – Went out for a 1hr light spin and felt ok.

9th Nov (Friday) – 2hr ride, felt a bit tired but nothing to worry about. Heart Rate was fine, no spikes.

11th Nov (Sun) – Went out for a “DC simulation” ride from S.Suburbs to Bainskloof. Could only do +- 4 hrs, legs were finished! Came home in “support vehicle”.thumbdown.gif

Episode 3

12th Nov (Mon) – Felt OK, I’d say 85% of myself.

13th Nov (Tuesday) – And THEN the wheels came off completely. Felt like I scrummed against “The Beast”. Legs, arms and shoulders aching. Low energy levels with even lower spirit.

15th Nov – decided to go to ENT to check out the ears again as condition didn’t improve much over the 2 days. Ears were all clear. Dr suspects viral infection that has been bugging me. Sent blood sample off for testing anyway. (Awaiting results).

16th Nov – Decided to have light 30 min spin on the IDT. Legs felt like jelly….. though heart rate stayed low.

So. Has anyone experienced this before. It seems like there are bugs dragging my system down. And now I’m in danger of missing out on the DC.

Are you supplementing with Vitamins especially some C's and B's . I would get some rest completely off the bike for a week and see from there. You wont lose fitness as you have put the work in. In the last week do some short sessions on IDT or on road just to loosen the legs. Good luck

The fact that it's more than likely viral means you should already start getting used to the idea of no DC. Three words for you: My -o- card- itis

4 ?

Are you supplementing with Vitamins especially some C's and B's . I would get some rest completely off the bike for a week and see from there. You wont lose fitness as you have put the work in. In the last week do some short sessions on IDT or on road just to loosen the legs. Good luck

I've had quite a few vit B shots already and take daily Vitamin Cs.

Had very similar issues a few years back but also had sugar cravings. It was suggested I was protein deficient. Thought people were just giving me a hard time because I'm vegetarian but in desperation upped my protein consumption. It worked a treat. Never looked back

Still a vegetarian by the way. Found sources of protein other that meat.

Blood tests' result will be a good indicator.

Monday?

Yeah, getting ready for the demands of the DC in time... :-/

Strange it almost like you described what i had piece by piece. i would ride like the devil one day and then the next couldnt even do a 40km ride without stopping from exhaustion. Went to the doctor who drew blood phones me 2 days later and said blood work is 100%. Heart is fine,blood pressure good, cholestrol is good. So after much analizing what it could be, it came down to stress and sleep. i was stressed out because i was selling my ex biz and was worried about the well being of my staff after the sale. i would get to sleep in weird hours of the morning and although i did not know or feel it i was actually burning out my body. im not saying you have same issue but ever since i started going to sleep at 22:00 in the evening and getting a good 7-8 hours sleep, i am a whole new person and have much more energy. Hope this may help

hi nawest, i had the exact same problem! spider bit me about a month ago, went on antib -was ok after that, next week i got up the monday and couldnt walk!!! struggled for 4days and then went for a 10km (yes only 10km) ride - flat rd (bottelary rd) and had to phone home! took an afternoon nap and felt like dead waking up! was rushed to medic clinic - was on drip for 3hours and got sent hom with with antib and "viral infecion"... this is now 2weeks ago and i still battle on the bike,,, been having sinus (never before) and using berocca in the mornings,,, please take it easy until your body recovers completely, its not worth the risk (your heart) to push to hard! - i am also very much frustrated as i use to ride 3-4times a week, and now i only do easy rides on weekends,, i have lost alot of power, i really battle on hills, there is nothing in the legs or upperbody, this virus is a bliksem -take you vits and take your time! chrs