respray (and crank refurb)

rock

Those "stickers" look like paint to me...

quite clever, after the white was sprayed they stuck on a mask and after the green was painted, the GT was pulled out of (precut) the mask and then sprayed black so everything lines up

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/rock78pics/GT%20Strip/framespray.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

might be getting a little carried away with the theme, white bar tape added, and crosstop levers finally set up properly (white saddle is in mail)

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/rock78pics/GT%20Strip/CapeTown-20121201-00604.jpg

Nice ... just make sure you get another green cable end cap for the brake caliper as per the one used in front of the head tube!

Would have been nice to have a white GT logo on that head tube while we are looking at a pic of this area.

hairy, already done, pic taken before I added green ends to all the cables (and shortened the excess straddle cable - how did I miss that for 3 years!!)

so still waiting for my white silverado saddle.......and a green headset spacer from a mate.

we had talked about doing a headtube logo, might do something out of vinyl and 'plak' it on their to see what it looks like?

hairy, already done, pic taken before I added green ends to all the cables (and shortened the excess straddle cable - how did I miss that for 3 years!!)

so still waiting for my white silverado saddle.......and a green headset spacer from a mate.

we had talked about doing a headtube logo, might do something out of vinyl and 'plak' it on their to see what it looks like?

thumbup1.gif

final piece, replacing the wtb silveradro saddle with a 'white-erado'

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/rock78pics/GT%20Strip/CapeTown-20121205-00623.jpg

Edited by rock

• 1 month later...

sorry im bring this thread back up, but I've got a quick question with the remove all

did you guys wrap the frams / components in a plastic bag so the stuff didnt dry or did you leave it standing as is with the stripper on?

R120 pretty polishers in paarden eiland...

Do you clear coat the cranks after or just leave it raw? If raw do hey stay polished? Looking to do a set of cranks soon the same way.

Do you clear coat the cranks after or just leave it raw? If raw do hey stay polished? Looking to do a set of cranks soon the same way.

My xt set is going on soon...non driveside on gxp...moertoe after opening it up yesterday. I was surprised but I really shouldnt be.

Looks very cool! how much did you cost though? Im in jhb though, so not sure who would do such a good job, but an idea on price would be nice.

Edited by Adrian4Four