Fitting lefty to non Cannondale frame

Meentb

Howzit folks

Ive seen many non Cannondale bikes fitted with lefty forks. Ive got a Specialized stumpjumper expert HT carbon and would like to fit a lefty to it.

What additional hardware would I need and where would i get it?

Thanks!

Edited by Meentb

It's actually very easy to do.

All you need is the Lefty with the right axle to crown height for your frame and a "lefty for all adaptor" or the adaptor from Project321 (which I happen to import!).

Fit the headset, fit the adaptor (either straight 1 1/8th or tapered) and fit the lefty.

Oh, and get a front wheel with a lefty hub.

And enjoy the lightest and plushest fork on the market.

After you have fitted adaptors and all the other bits and pices with the cost's involved is it realy lighter ?

It must cost more than fitting a world cup XX eek.gif with double the maintenance .

Can a lefty go on a bike trailer ?

Just asking

After you have fitted adaptors and all the other bits and pices with the cost's involved is it realy lighter ?

It must cost more than fitting a world cup XX eek.gif with double the maintenance .

Can a lefty go on a bike trailer ?

Just asking

Do you clamp your bikes to the trailer by their forks?

Edited by udxcob

When What Mountain Bike or MTB UK{cant remember which)tested the Morewood Zula they had it fitted with a Lefty and raved about the combination

Do you clamp your bikes to the trailer by their forks?

The bike racks on trailers clamp on using the QR of the fork and strapping down the rear wheel. Well the new TA setups also cant go on those bike racks.

The cost involved is around R2000 for the front wheel and R8000 for the 1400g lefty or R12000 for the carbon 1200g lefty, then the adapter and stem is another R1000, note they also add around 50grams of weight depending on how light your stem was then the rim (a crest will buckle) has to be a arch so that is also the odd 50grams extra over a crest rim.

The weight saving is in the region of 200grams for the normal lefty and 400grams for the carbon (considering your current fork is a reba) so not worth it just on weight.

Edited by wheelerdealer

Guessing it's more about te cool factor over the weight factor.

It's an awesome fork and it's performance is right up there with the best of them

Guessing it's more about te cool factor over the weight factor.

Yip...quirky...fun...different fo sure. Better mmmmm dunno so much

If I was a feather weight race snake I'd consider a rigid righty. But no hub rim combo is gonna withstand the amount of bunny hopping I do and at 100kg it's an accident waiting to happen.

Why will the crest rim buckle?

I have heard of a few people trying it and not lasting. But if you are 60kg's then it should work fine :).

I had a lefty on my On-One, adapter parts were imported from Project321 including the hub.

An awesome fork!