Is this a scam site? arlingtoncycles.com

sleeper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got confirmation email - No banking details on email, need to select link to view my order

When I select the link my firewall goes NUTS! Here is what it tells me:

post-20256-0-93637100-1353416581_thumb.png

Edited by SyncSA

when i go there it looks like they have exceeded their bandwidth or something so you dont see anything.....would not trust them as far as i could spit

Ok so I just phoned the Cape Town number.. 021 813 9396

A Nigerian answered. I asked if they had a Scalpel 2 in stock, he said yes but I must email hom for a quotation. I reminded him that the price on the web us R32 100 so why email for a quote? He then said if it is on the web then it is on the floor.. I asked where in Cape Town are they based, and he said they are in George. I said great, where in George, and he said 101 Hibernia Street. I said I'll come around and ended it there.

Clearly a scam.

My suggestion is that lots of us keep irritating the life out of him on this number I phoned: 021 813 9396

I gave them a call now

I said I want the Trek Madone for R12 000, he said yes its the right price

He asked repeatedly for my e-mail address, but I just said they dont need it, I just want the bike and I will pay cash.

They dont do COD orders, if I want to see the bike I will have to come to the shop in George.

After explaining to him that I am in JHB he said they will deliver within 24 hours, but they need the full amount paid

I refused and said I will pay cash when I have seen the bike and its 100%

We wont on and on like this for a couple of minutes

He asked me to please dont phone him again, they dont want my kind of business!

I gave them a call now

I said I want the Trek Madone for R12 000, he said yes its the right price

He asked repeatedly for my e-mail address, but I just said they dont need it, I just want the bike and I will pay cash.

They dont do COD orders, if I want to see the bike I will have to come to the shop in George.

After explaining to him that I am in JHB he said they will deliver within 24 hours, but they need the full amount paid

I refused and said I will pay cash when I have seen the bike and its 100%

We wont on and on like this for a couple of minutes

He asked me to please dont phone him again, they dont want my kind of business!

That's what my alias Joe Soap Ordered online..... I need banking details.