Pretoria East Night riding

Matt11

I was just wondering if there are any Hubbers riding out in the east doing night rides and how safe it is out there..

and..

If there are guys riding, when do you go out and if i could tag along..

Me and a mate did one a few months ago. But we just don't seem to have the same time off to do it more often.

I am seriously considering doing a few on my own.. but then i remembered we live in africa.. Not a good plan.

Anyone in the east who would be keen on mid-week night rides? 20 - 30km ride. Just to get out and have some fun..

The only rides I've heard of was the guys staying at Mooikloof, but that's only because they have a jeeptrack within the perimeter.

Otherwise it's really not safe hey. Between the dogs that get out (evading capture in the day is one thing) and people that want to score knobbies or cellphones, I wouldn't risk it.

Guest Travis.

There's the Dark 'n dirty ride that's on Thursday nights from the Irene mall. That should be close enough.

Matt11

What route do you have in mind?

Heading out with Atterbury towards Tierpoort or closer to the Lynwood/Boschkop area?

Have a friend who lives near silver lakes. He often sees a group going out past the the tiger valley school.

Would suggest you contact single track cycles. They are on the hub.

Have a friend who lives near silver lakes. He often sees a group going out past the the tiger valley school.

Would suggest you contact single track cycles. They are on the hub.

@ missionS, We did the atterbury/ tierpoort side of lynwood road last time. Was quiet quiet last time, but a bigger group would be cool.

@Tevez, What time are the guys meeting at the mall on thursdays for the ride? Is it eve thursday? Don't want to pitch up and be the only chop on a bike there!unsure.png

As I am moving back to Snordorp end of the month and Irene being really close I would def like to join the group

@ missionS, We did the atterbury/ tierpoort side of lynwood road last time. Was quiet quiet last time, but a bigger group would be cool.

@Tevez, What time are the guys meeting at the mall on thursdays for the ride? Is it eve thursday? Don't want to pitch up and be the only chop on a bike there!unsure.png

Every Thursday see: http://darkndirty.co.za/

Definitely Dark `n Dirty. But I believe if you contact places like Groenkloof as a club you can also organise to ride there at night?

I have done a couple of night rides on both the Zwavelpoort and Boschkop routes. I think it is fairly safe (but we are SA so you never know). Like stated above you just have to keep your eyes open for the dogs as well.

We are usually about 4 riders, so I will post here when we do our next ride (or maybe in the Group ride section), then we can get a lekker group together. I have done a couple of rides with the peeps from D&D and I can recommend going with them as well. The do take it easy so it’s nice to settle in.