Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Guys....so stoked!! I did a 3:48

I was going for 4:30! I am so happy! Looked out for hubbers by the beer tent....not easy to spot if you don't know who you looking for.

Well done with the awesome times guys!

Well done, Allez rider!!

:-D

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great first Burger ride. Helshoogte was not as bad as I was anticipating! The last 15km was really fast, and NO flats for me! Once again riders drafting behind me, and not making turns to help the group, so I geared up, and left them behind. Grrrrrr...... Now looking forward to the next funride!

Need more longer rides in training. Capcha was parked on start of descent into Pniel when I rolled past. I think the Action okes muscled him out on Hel's.

There were like 5 guys from Action on Helz before the race started. I was there but when i started seeing plumbers crack i just thought theres no way im staying there getting that shot in my lens haha, but the guys and girls are actually really nice and have conversations with me so its all good. i think most of their staff were there. Now time to edit then put on web. Well done everybody. its so nice getting used to the familier faces and the hallo's from the groups coming past. Really appreciate it. Smaak you guys. Edited by Capcha Photography

Had a good race, % group fast from the gun, only one minor crash involving 5 guys. A little annoyed about the slow moving truck in the yellow lane approaching Klapmuts. Just missed out on sub 2h20 by a minute or so but all in all it was a great race

First time Burger. Left a great party early to get my son a good Argus seeding.

We started in C and did 2h40, which isn't bad for a 14 year old in his first long road race.

It's a scary race in places though, on the way through Pneil(?), crossing those brick sections, someone braked hard in front of us. The whole bunch just skidded and some guy behind me hit a bike or the pavement. Went down hard judging by the sound.

We started in C and did 2h40, which isn't bad for a 14 year old in his first long road race.

Well done, boytjie!!!!!

Me and my son enjoyed our ride on the 44km. The wind was giving him a bit of a pushback around the back to Klapmuts since he only weigh about 36kg. He beat me up Hels by about 400m. Together we did 2h03. So I said to him next year we do the 92. Had no bike technicals but about 5km before the end I helped out a guy with a spare tube, but could not help hime with a bomb since I only had the one between me and my boy. So I hope someone else could help him to get going.

I was going for 4:30! I am so happy! Looked out for hubbers by the beer tent....not easy to spot if you don't know who you looking for.

Well done! That is a good time. Next year even better!

I started in the $ Bunch, the pace was hard, we pushed from Hels all the way to the finish, loads of break aways, attacks, crossing the line at 2h 11min, might be a 2h 10min...we had a nasty crash the last 6 km as you hit the cones, a guy clipped my handlebar, pushing me to the left and causing someone to clip my wheel and went down badly sad.png Sucks about the accident...don't know who won tho, I know there was about a 5man break...but very chuffed with my 1st season in Elites smile.png

Edited by MTB_Roadie

There were like 5 guys from Action on Helz before the race started. I was there but when i started seeing plumbers crack i just thought theres no way im staying there getting that shot in my lens haha, but the guys and girls are actually really nice and have conversations with me so its all good. i think most of their staff were there. Now time to edit then put on web. Well done everybody. its so nice getting used to the familier faces and the hallo's from the groups coming past. Really appreciate it. Smaak you guys.

I saw you on the top of Hels, and this time I made sure you see me!!! You were the one with the CApcha kombie, Right??

Some cyclists can ride a bike hard but they have no handling skills. The one lady in E switched me on foot of Hel's and all the time she was rushing to the front crossing over white line. What's the rush? No one was getting away from bunch in the wind. Guess you dont need a licence to ride a bike.

Had a good race, % group fast from the gun, only one minor crash involving 5 guys. A little annoyed about the slow moving truck in the yellow lane approaching Klapmuts. Just missed out on sub 2h20 by a minute or so but all in all it was a great race

I must have been with you there I was in the Nandos top that truck pissed me off lost all the momentum. Still had a good clean ride perfect weather, nice to have a little tail wind at the end. Did a 2h20 happy about that.

Congrats.

I saw you on the top of Hels, and this time I made sure you see me!!! You were the one with the CApcha kombie, Right??

H1 but its all the same. what were u wearing?

Also rode in the % bunch. At 60km my team mate put the hammer down and guttered everyone. The bunch split and I just managed to ride across. Crossed the finish line in 2hr18min I think. With the front of % .

VC METALS!!

Edited by silverboy