Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be a good 30km split? Considering Hels in the beginning?

Not alot of guys broke 3hrs from J so just try to stay with the front guys up hels and you never know you might catch the group in front and you should break 3hrs no problem.

Starting in J this year. Did a 3h21 last year, starting in W.

What's the chance of a sub 3? Held back a bit last year due to fear of cramping.

I did a 3h12 last year from J on a mtb, and trust me, I'm no Bradley Wiggins - so sub 3 very doable. Like Ceres said - if you climb strongly up Helshoogte you'll likely catch riders from the higher groups and then just stick with them

En kyk net waar is jy nou.

All dikwiele eventually convert.

:-D

Love the hornet nest's hum of the bunch at speed...

Edited by Puncheur

You coming through to race, Ceres?

Yes probably pulling away in % group, bit worried about the rain though. After my big crash in the 99er from % group I have lost alot of confidence in the rain. Didn't enjoy the big downhill in the DC in the wind and rain. If they still predict rain I will maybe bring the mountain bike and ride with my brother in G.

Yes probably pulling away in % group, bit worried about the rain though. After my big crash in the 99er from % group I have lost alot of confidence in the rain. Didn't enjoy the big downhill in the DC in the wind and rain. If they still predict rain I will maybe bring the mountain bike and ride with my brother in G.

Yeah, I remember that big fall you had in Feb...

:-/

Somehow got promoted to E from L last year. Would love a sub 3, but this is 1st year I've ridden DC and then Burger 1 week later, so no idea what will be left in the legs over those rollers home on the R44. Looking forward to it loads though - will be few of my DC team mates too, so be a nice re-union

Edited by walkerr

eek.gif eek.gif You know me?! eek.gif eek.gif

There goes your reputation! Just to make sure - you're the one with the new bike?! (Got the name and not the hubname, but recalling threads, I think it's you!)

BTW, my hair is usually much shorter than yesterday, I got some comments about it already... My chirp in return is I'm planning on braids (you know those corn-types...) for Burger! whistling.gif

That's the one!

Suppose it depends on what is inside the braids.. whistling.gif

Now that I think about it.....ja go away.

Instead of a cold mornng in the shutes, it'll be a wet morning too....slosh! angry.png

Starting in C with giant anthem x29 chrome with knobblies going to be a lactic threshold ride (epic training) who else on mtb with mtb tyres?

Starting in C with giant anthem x29 chrome with knobblies going to be a lactic threshold ride (epic training) who else on mtb with mtb tyres?

Lekker mal! eek.gif