2013 Bestmed Jock Cycle Classique (9 July 2013)

Agteros

What size casette do you guys reckon one should be running? Im not the strongest climber, looking at that profile I'm getting a bit worried....!

We climbed Spitzkop and Long Tom at the Panorama Tour. We are average climbers and felt that our 25 cassette and 39 chainring was too hard.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entry said Cycle Lab Fourways on Thursday or Friday at the Stadium

Saw that on their website.

I am not missing any e-mails then?

Edited by Minutehand

We climbed Spitzkop and Long Tom at the Panorama Tour. We are average climbers and felt that our 25 cassette and 39 chainring was too hard.

11-28 will be fine then?

Saw that on their website.

I am not missing any e-mails then?

I have not received any emails or sms either :mellow:

Does anybody need an entry? I don't want to waste the money I've spent and won't be able to make it. Please let me know if you're looking:)

What size casette do you guys reckon one should be running? Im not the strongest climber, looking at that profile I'm getting a bit worried....!

34 teeth. On my MTB.

Edited by Goodbadugly

Ok, another question. As stated Im not big on road cycling. Still want to purchase a nice set of wheels in future - currently I have a set of Shimano RS500 wheels (very entry level) as well as a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbone deep sections. I know the deep sections aren't climbing wheels, but I guess they are much better than the Shimanos. Which do I use?

Ok, another question. As stated Im not big on road cycling. Still want to purchase a nice set of wheels in future - currently I have a set of Shimano RS500 wheels (very entry level) as well as a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbone deep sections. I know the deep sections aren't climbing wheels, but I guess they are much better than the Shimanos. Which do I use?

The Shimano set's weight is 1884g or let's make it 1.9kg. What series Carbone do you have and how deep are the sections? The CXR 60 comes in at about 1.6kg according to the interweb.

The Shimano set's weight is 1884g or let's make it 1.9kg. What series Carbone do you have and how deep are the sections? The CXR 60 comes in at about 1.6kg according to the interweb.

Also a older set, weight comes in around 1700g....

I sold my Cosmics and build up a custom wheelset.

DT Swiss RR 1.1 rims with DT spokes and Hope Pro 3 hubs.

Apparently with the 11-28 they will do the trick

If we went back it would be with 11-28.

Riding a 34-50 compact campag crank with 11-25 cassette.